Discussion: Barr Decides Asylum Seekers Who Show Credible Fear Still Not Eligible For Bond

I don’t know if I stand corrected, or just incrementally educated. Thanks. I didn’t think of that.

So, this means that asylum seekers who fail to express credible fear will be eligible for bond – right?

I can’t think of another explanation. Can you?

1 Like

Good ol’ Judge Flores. :wink:

1 Like

So when do we get to see the scene where Bill Barr embraces Stephen Miller and wheezes “Fluke, I am your father!”?

2 Likes

Band of sadists. Arpaio couldn’t take the job because he’s not an attorney, but Barr is working out just as well for Donnie.

1 Like

Quite the lickspittle to TrumpGOP, isn’t he? Funny how toadies and lickspittles like to strut. Strange. I hope he struts right into a jail cell.

Oh, he’s going to write his own legacy, dontcha know! He and Trump and the rest of the scabrous scum are going to Rule The World.

It keeps people like us distracted from all the other, possibly even worse, crimes this administration is committing.

And Immigration is Trump’s “thing”. He thinks.

Absolutely. Any explanation of barr’s motivation that revolved around the Mueller report missed the mark - it was hard to see why he would get down in the mud for the tRumpmeister, but now we understand that the mud is indeed barr’s natural habitat. This administration gives him broad opportunities to exercise his innate cruel streak.

1 Like

Are there any Go Fund Me sites that could have a pool of money to post bail for these people? I’ll bet there would be a lot of people willing to add to that cause.

2 Likes

They’re sadists of course. Just like the Bush admin.
I wonder if Trump has had anyone tortured yet.

When you were on this conference call did Miller express any admiration for how Viktor Orban in Hungary are dealing with their asylum seekers. Like it not feeding them?

1 Like

You’re being WAY too nice.

1 Like

He did not, but the most memorable quote of the Trump administration, for me, came out of that call:

NBC News’ Julia Ainsley noted that the move [of sharing adults’ fingerprints/background checks with DHS] could discourage undocumented parents from applying to take custody of their children, given their reasonable fear of potentially handing information over to the agency that also houses Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Parents who balk at giving their fingerprints to the government could be forced to leave their children in long-term foster care.

“If somebody is unwilling to claim their child from custody because they’re concerned about their own immigration status, I think that, de facto, calls into question whether they’re an adequate sponsor and whether we should be releasing a child to that person,” said Steven Wagner, the acting assistant secretary for the Administration for Children and Families at HHS.

In other words, if you’re too afraid to be deported yourself (and leave your child without a parent in the U.S.), you don’t deserve custody of your child. I quote that whenever I can, because I think it points to how even career bureaucrats had to look at these policies in order to justify them.

3 Likes

TY, Steven Wagner and Scott Lloyd are on my shit list.

He’s not the final arbiter, imo. There is an entity called the Board of Immigration Appeals; it will take a while for the first case to make it up to them, but I’ll bet money they overturn this decision. It is the definition of “arbitrary and capricious.”

https://www.justice.gov/eoir/board-of-immigration-appeals

2 Likes

and he doesn’t have to get off his ass to do it…

1 Like

Billy Barr, such a cute and cuddly teddy bear.

1 Like

Where’s the toddler Davy Crockett?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available