Discussion: Barr Decides Asylum Seekers Who Show Credible Fear Still Not Eligible For Bond

1 Like

Isn’t there a nice authoritarian country where we could deport Rump, Barr, the Rump spawn, Miller and the rest of the crooks? North Korea strikes me as a good choice.

32 Likes

I really do wish we could stop with the Nazi/Holocaust comparisons… But they are inescapable with this administration.

25 Likes

Oh dear. The employment pool for Trump hotels and golf courses continues to get smaller.

8 Likes

It could be that immigration … was the reason that Barr wanted the job —

the Report is just kind of a ’ bonus ’ —

21 Likes

I hope in his last years he is treated with the same level of contempt and lack of compassion that he displays now. what a vile, evil, heartless pig.
goddamn, I loath everyone associated with this wretched administration and wish the very worst on each and every one of them.

30 Likes
The decision doesn’t affect asylum-seeking families because
 they generally can’t be held for longer than 20 days. It also
    doesn’t apply to unaccompanied minors.

for now …

14 Likes

Just watch. The administration that claims it will take them two years to locate preschoolers snatched from their families by ICE will show up at the door of every asylum-seeking family holding an 18th-birthday celebration for a child.

10 Likes

Where the fck did his reputation as a well thought of lawyer come from??? It is like all these monsters have been hiding in plain sight for years. Protected by the GOP - Grifters on Parade.

15 Likes

Aye, bad cess to them and a pox on their house! Enough is enough!

2 Likes

He interviewed to be the DT’s tool.
Looks like he got the job.

6 Likes

U.S. Attorney General William Barr decided T̶u̶e̶s̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶y̶l̶u̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶“̶c̶r̶e̶d̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶”̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶a̶l̶ don’t have the right to b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶o̶r̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶

U.S. Attorney General William Barr decided x don’t have the right to y

3 Likes

This guy is s fucking monster. There is nothing cute or pithy or clever to write. He is a vile shitstain and history will demolish his name.

17 Likes

When he was appointed, I (wrongly) assumed he might care about his legacy in the history books. This is the final nail in that coffin.

I have to wonder what he’s getting to offset that, because his reputation won’t survive this. Does he a owe a lot of money somewhere? Family held hostage? I can’t figure it out.

18 Likes

I guess if you’re an unaccompanied adult now, requesting asylum is equivalent to requesting to be put in camps on the southern border indefinitely since there still aren’t enough immigration judges to ever get through the backlog.

4 Likes

When he was first confirmed I said that Trump found his Roy Cohn and thought I might have come across as hyperbolic but I think I was pretty accurate.

9 Likes

This is what happens when you are too fat, old, and full of privilege to go around burning African-American Baptist churches, you take the high road to cruelty and terror.

2 Likes

Mrs Von Holst who works with a refugee/asylum seeker support program in Tucson tells me that the bond is, more often than not $10,000 or more, which most of the refugees can’t post anyway. A few, but only a few can find a sponsor.

The point is, eliminating the bond entirely is simply emiseration for emiseration’s sake. But oh, yes, Bill Barr is a good, caring Catholic man. Bet he likes beer too.

23 Likes

I hate these people. They are completely devoid of any empathy or compassion.

10 Likes

Makes King Herod a nice guy by comparison.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available