Discussion: Barr Calls Pelosi's Accusation That He Lied Under Oath 'Laughable'

:laughing:

For the win!

2 Likes

He has built his career on craftily crafting his sentences so that he can claim it was not ‘technically’ a like. Indeed he does think it is funny. He thinks he is the smartest boy in the room.

p.s., all this crowd seems to be stuck in middle-school level gotcha humor.

ETA: by ‘this crowd’ I mean Barr et al.'s privileged, legal, social set.

7 Likes

But did he deny it? That’s an adorable nondenial denial.

3 Likes

Color me stupid if you wish, but can I have a referent for the pronoun in your postscript? I’m not sure if this crowd is us here at TPM, or the Guarantors of Plutocracy.

Barr, Kavanaugh, … the Republican legal in-crowd…

5 Likes

And middle-school bullying AND middle-school privileged white boy whining when things don’t got their way.

5 Likes

I thought so. And then (I think because it was in a postscript) I wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

Sorry, got a little too clever in my own crafting! :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah - all the activist legals who tell you endlessly how they hate activist legals.

5 Likes

Barr may have the technical skill to lie ( or like if you prefer, he he) so it isn’t flagrant, but Donald doesn’t and doesn’t seem to give a shit that they are so easy to see.

1 Like

Was maybe thinking hanged by their tongue ??

1 Like

Talk me down!

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that this “investigation of the investigators” will prove to be as productive as all of the Benghazi hearings combined. The brazen nature of their denials and distractions is quite impressive, but the truth will out. At least, I hope so…

4 Likes

O I agree. Seen that way this is actually fun.

Let them investigate. Who’s worried? I’m sure as hell not. hahahahaha Their track record is really terrible.

Benghazi the shit out of this, GOP, go right ahead.

3 Likes

“…will prove to be as productive as all of the Benghazi hearings combined…”

Plus, almost any FBI agent assigned to investigate will slow walk the assignment.
Then he/she will document the instructions given by Barr or his deputies.

2 Likes

the only way Barr could get fired is if he asked for a pillow for his knees

I saw that, too. Typical gop non-denial denial. Nixonian, actually.

1 Like

I do hope that Speaker Pelosi gets the last laugh. I growing despondent since the “laughable” Mueller report fiasco.

By his stupid argument Barr is not the member of the DOJ and Trump is not a member of the Trump administration.

Idiotic to the core

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available