Discussion: Appears WH Scrubbed Trump Insult Of Female Reporter From Official Transcript

2 Likes

He’s probably cranky because the Mrs. is in Africa.

6 Likes

The Ministry of Truth at work.

27 Likes

He probably doesn’t even know she’s away.

19 Likes

Of course they did. I mean who are you gonna believe Trump or your lyin’ eyes (and ears)

12 Likes

I guess they’ve got Ronny Jackson doing the transcriptions now.

18 Likes

Their Comms Director is doing a fine job !

5 Likes

FTFY

8 Likes

When will Monty Python sue for misappropriation?

Remember, the GOP is fine with Trump’s actions. as opposed to most thinking Americans.

There may still be time to register people to vote in your state. Then get to the polls, dammit!

7 Likes

It’s not that, it’s that he has a secret naughty gal on the side (who’s a dead ringer for Ivanka) and she’s refusing to service him until he gives her a raise of $500 a pop.

2 Likes

Trump sure is a pig. Cannot imagine how many times I’ve posted that same comment in the past…

3 Likes

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

10 Likes

Someone should tell them that the Internet is Forever.

11 Likes

The WH doesn’t seem to understand how video works.

12 Likes

Consciousness of guilt.

6 Likes

That erasure method was taken directly from the Russian playbook, here one moment, gone the next.

12 Likes

The White House seems to have changed the word “thinking” to “thanking” in an official transcript of President Donald Trump’s freewheeling Monday press conference, blunting the insult the President aimed at ABC’s Cecilia Vega.

previously on “The mostly 2018 edition of ‘The Donald Trump Show’”

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/18/630246513/collusion-question-from-helsinki-summit-varies-by-transcript

The official White House transcript from President Trump’s immigration meeting on Tuesday excluded a line from Mr. Trump in which he appears to agree to a clean bill to protect so-called "Dreamers."

According to The Washington Post, the official transcript of the meeting, however, excluded that line. A White House official told the Post that the omission was not intentional.

An updated transcript released Wednesday morning contained the exchange.

Perhaps, as former director of the Office of Government Ethics Walter Shaub suggested, White House staff left out the comment that so enraged the far-right in the hopes that “no one would notice.” The problem, of course, is that the meeting was televised—and soon everyone noticed.

Mother Jones’ Kevin Drum had a good piece a while back, explaining, “Transcripts are not supposed to be ‘revised’ after the fact. Official White House transcripts record exactly what the person said, regardless of ‘what they meant to say.’”

Vladimir Putin said he would be willing to give Congress the records from President Trump’s Oval Office meeting last week with Russian Foreign Secretary Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, if the White House approves, according to multiple media reports.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/23/630643035/ex-white-house-stenographer-with-no-official-transcript-trump-can-muddle-the-tru

9 Likes

I’ll be honest, when i heard this clip on Rachel Maddow last night, i did think he said Thank. But, i wasn’t really paying close attention

Ha ha now they’ve changed it back. Maybe they got embarrassed, maybe it’s like seven years in prison to play around with official gummint records, but either way this stuff is just nuts. If you had a township municipal staff of five people who carried on this way it would be a huge scandal. But this is the White House and it’s just part of the daily news chatter. Remarkable in that it’s not remarkable.

13 Likes

It was a favorite of Stalin’s. Spankee looks on in admiration.

7 Likes