Discussion: Another 'Bale Out': Trump To Pay 'Patriot Farmers' Hurting From His Trade Wars

How many bootstraps can you buy for sixteen billion dollars?

I love the Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

23 Likes

“The Farmers have been “forgotten” for many years. Their time is now!”

1. my laundry is “calling” me.

2. it’s nice to know that my taxes are going to be spent on a bunch of wannabe John Cenas.

3 Likes

“Bail”

3 Likes

It’s always heartening to know that a stable genius — Did you know he graduated at the top of his class from Wharton?* — is ever ready to borrow billions from China to protect our patriotic pig farmers from the adverse economic effects of his impulsive, ill-conceived trade war with China.

*Actually, he graduated from UPenn and he only took a couple of classes at Wharton. He also never once made the Dean’s List. But the true story doesn’t sound nearly as impressive, to say the least.

18 Likes

This makes me mad.

You’re taking our tax money to plug it into the hole you tore in the economy. Fuck you!

33 Likes

I thought Hard Workin’ Real 'Mericans didn’t need no stinking handouts like those moochers in the big cities.

20 Likes

And food prices will still go through the roof, hurting the poor and minion levels again.

They will re-elect him overwhelmingly.

ETA: how many more farmer suicides will result? WI has lost hundreds of farms;

11 Likes

Worse, he’s actually using our money for his 2020 campaign by shoring up the people who voted him into office.

21 Likes

Once again Donnie royally screws things up and insists on others paying for it. Bull shit!

11 Likes

All together now:
“Jump down, turn around, pick a bale o’ cotton.
Jump down turn around pick a bale a day!”
What is with these clowns? They put a hurting on U.S. farmers with the stupid China tariff trade policy, and are now paying them to take the heat for the President’s dumb deal making?

8 Likes

Yeah that’s the result of it, I agree.

7 Likes

Hay “bale”

3 Likes

Comrade Cockholster was not and never was ELECTED. He was SELECTED by a thoroughly corrupt Electoral College. Please make a note of it.

4 Likes

Left unsaid is a great deal of the money will go to large corporate concerns. Few struggling family or smaller business farms will receive enough to make the difference between staying in business or folding up their tent.

https://blog.humanesociety.org/2018/07/trumps-ag-relief-program-will-benefit-factory-farms-not-family-farmers.html

19 Likes

So I guess it works this way: Trump hurts his base, then uses money from rich blue states to pay them and the base think Trump is their savior. How toxic it is when the minority rule the country.

8 Likes

“Some of this $16 billion is going to be used for market access programs, to go and build markets elsewhere,” Perdue said Thursday. “And if China decides not to play, then we’ll sell these great products elsewhere.”

China’s business is, most likely, never coming back. They aren’t paying nearly that much money in tariffs. Even after a Democratic POTUS. As for this country selling ag products elsewhere, who’s going to buy these products and for how much? The world has been in a “global market” phase for a while now

The “market facilitation’s” that pig-man Purdue refers to is only going to the largest ag businesses OR to outright payoffs (i.e., the Brazilian bros).

7 Likes

“Our great Patriot Farmers” sounds right out of the mouth of one of Trumps favorite potentates.

4 Likes

And the leader of one of the US’s largest lenders. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Isn’t is “Bail Out”?

A “Bale” is a compressed/compacted piece of something (like Hay) that is wrapped to keep it compressed.

i.e. “Bale of Hay”.

2 Likes