Discussion: Amash’s Response To Trump Calling Him A Loser? ‘Okay.’

And not one of his GOP colleagues will back him up on this. Sad. I probably disagree with Amash on just about everything else political, but I applaud his speaking out on this. Trump’s incompetence and corruption should not be a partisan issue.

26 Likes

I just want to say that although the media is rushing to paint Amash as some kind of ‘hero’, he is not. He just read the evidence and believes there is enough there to call for impeachment. FOX is all OVER calling his a traitor and bringing on googly eyed White Supremacists to ‘challenge’ him and other want to paint him as a ‘Lefty’ because of his stand. Justin Amash is a VERY conservative Republican who votes more often than not with his Party. He is a member of the Freedom Caucus. It is fine to like him for this stand without endorsing his policies.

8 Likes

I am waiting for someone to respond to Trump’s insults by saying “Whatevvvvvvver!” in true valley girl fashion.

9 Likes

Yes and yes from me too.

4 Likes

One day the full extent of the criminality of trump and his admin will be glaringly clear. It may not be as soon as we’d like but it will happen. Amash will be looking good for being the first R to have spoken out.

12 Likes

Considering he’s the only elected Republican calling for a Republican president’s impeachment, I’d say he’s a hero for sure. He knew he would face all sorts of backlash from his party, from the president, and from his constituents and yet he did it anyway knowing it could very likely be political suicide. That’s what heroes do.

12 Likes

What, no name calling in return, Mr. Amash? Now they really are going to kick you out of the GOP playhouse.

10 Likes

He’s a hero (on a certain level) only because he’s the only Gooper who has not been cowed by the herd mentality of the rest of 'em. Everybody else has caved – but it really doesn’t look like he’s going to. Gotta admire that, even if I am not a fan.

4 Likes

The guy that lost over a $Billion in business in ten years time, then went on to blow almost another half $Billion that he inherited from Daddy Trump, is calling anybody a loser ?

9 Likes

Like Hagel,speaking the truth about the fiasco in Iraq.

2 Likes

I wish more people would do that.

2 Likes

Judge Mehta’s recent ruling could be summarized that way.

3 Likes

Trump’s numbers suck and every GOP MoC knows he’s a criminal. So for Amash’s statements to have provoked such a backlash tell me that, as usual, the GOP know they cannot win without clinging to his fat ass. They have no policies, no plans, no agenda, NOTHING. “Dems in disarray” but Republicans as the governing party without one initiative except a new war? Zilch from our “liberal” media.

2 Likes

it’s true power is in the accompanying eye roll

2 Likes

also, his response was mature - no name-calling, or placing his hand over his heart and assuming the martyred air - i wish more conservatives would take note

2 Likes

We’re in the fight of our lives. I’ll take my allies where I find them. But as a rule, I view libertarians as idiots.

11 Likes

Sort of lost in all this is that Amash did not make this decision in a vacuum. He met with his staff and, I suspect, at least a few of his colleagues.

It’s also well known, according to Rick Wilson, that what he Tweeted publicly is said privately by many other Rethugliklans. They just don’t have the cajones or basic morality to say it publicly and they represent ultra-safe, fire engine red districts.

5 Likes

The Republicans actions show just how shallow of character the leadership is. Both McCarthy and McConnell have no character, their sole value is hold on to power at all costs.

1 Like

“Okay,” Amash shrugged.

He must have just watched one of two Petes: either Davidson on SNL, or Buttigieg on Fox.

1 Like