Discussion: Amash Gets Primary Challenger After Calling For Trump's Impeachment

That “big tent” these crooks used to brag seems to have gotten to the size that has the square footage equal to 45’s IQ. Pretty damn small tent now.

9 Likes

Amash, should be worried. Trump very popular in his district (at least likely primary voters). Not that it needed any further confirmation, but this goes on to proof, that those “principled conservative” voters, are just a bunch of resentful closet white supremacists.

13 Likes

the fascistgop will brook no dissent. the ideological purity of the master party is paramount. their policy is ‘just say no’ to independent thought.

6 Likes

“Justin Amash’s tweets yesterday calling for President Trump’s impeachment show how out of touch he is with the Faux News and how out of touch he is with the lies generated by the Republican party,”

FIFY
Reality dare not speak its name, even after reading the Mueller report

5 Likes

I don’t know the makeup of this district but getting a flaming MAGAer as the Repuke candidate might open it up for a Dem win.

5 Likes

IIRC, it’s still relatively solid R although less so in 2018 than in 2016. And who’s to say what it might look like 6 months or so from now.

2 Likes

We’ll see , You’ll find out
Pity there wont be any NRA Cash for this chump . Hello Koch’s?

2 Likes

Not much of a challenger.

3 Likes

“I’m Jim Lower, and I don’t know when to use “it’s” and when to use “its”. Vote for me, because I’m a fucking idiot.”

18 Likes

He really is a laughable, suck ass challenger even in a red district.

5 Likes

Michigan has been state ordered to redo it’s congressional maps - so his district will most likely be changing.

A panel of 3 federal judges on Thursday struck down Michigan’s congressional and state legislative districts, ruling that they were unconstitutionally gerrymandered to favor Republicans. The legislature has until Aug. 1, 2019 to enact a new plan. If that deadline is missed, the court said it will draw the new maps.

11 Likes

Which one is Lower? The rumpled-stiltskin in green or the tubby guy in too-long khakis?

2 Likes

Could Republican candidates sink any Lower?

Yep…

8 Likes

The challenger’s slogan, obviously, will be “Go Lower!”

Can’t wait for the headline just before the primary: “Amash awash in campaign cash.”

10 Likes

and this guy votes 88% with Conservatives, but he is not “PURE ENOUGH” (where have I heard THAT before on these boards?)

This is how Trump runs things with his Binary Thinking: You either OBEY HIM WITHOUT QUESTION, or you are his ENEMY. There is no in between.

Malignant Narcissism on display.

8 Likes

When the dollars start rolling into Amash’s war chest, other Republicans will follow.

2 Likes

“joined 400 of the most law abiding, responsible and common members of our district.”

Lincoln may have said that God must love the common people, because he made so many of them, but voters don’t generally like to be called common openly.

4 Likes

Primary away. It can only help the Democrat in the race.

3 Likes

“Your wrong about that. And you’re own grammar sucks!”

5 Likes