Discussion: Alabama Sen. Shelby Says State GOP Should Revoke Roy Moore's Endorsement

Bannon will have Shelby primaries.

Moldering corpses walk? The stuff of nightmares.

1 Like

Yeah, me, too. It has something going for it that needs no special messaging - it’s true.

2 Likes

Is Roy Moore the Mississippian Candidate? Like the Manchurian Candidate whose mission is to elevate Mississippi into 49th place by knocking Alabama down a peg?

2 Likes

I fear there may be some way to replace him on the ballot and a GOP pimp will get elected.

1 Like

Dem in his pedo days? Un friggin; believable, but the yahoos who listen to this jerk on the radios of their pick up trucks will take this as gospel.

1 Like

The problem is, every day counts, and they are still dithering about what to do, while the story continues to get worse.

A write in candidacy is a long shot under any circumstances. Having to start one up from scratch with just a few weeks before the election? Sisyphus had an easier task. And they haven’t even identified a candidate yet. And you have to consider…they are freaking floating the notion of trying to get Sessions to run, even though he is the AG and as such, is ineligible. Strange has told them no thanks.

So they have to QUICKLY, identify a candidate, get his/her name out there with massive media buys, while also trying to educate every GOP voter on how to go about writing in a candidate so that the ballot counts. All while Moore is going to stubbornly stay in it and sabotage any such efforts. (And he will stay in it, even if he is kicked out the by the state party. That’s how stubborn assholes like him roll).

Meanwhile there are actually GOP groups actively campaigning for Jones now, who is still campaigning hard to drive out the Dem vote(and THAT job just got a whole lot easier this past week).

My prediction is, IF they do go with a write in strategy (which does seem likely, but not definite), Jones wins, and probably pretty handily. I get the whole “but republicans who won’t vote for Moore will now vote with a write in” thing, but I think its overstated. The much bigger impact going on, IMO, is that this entire mess is merely demoralizing GOP voters to not even bother to vote, period. That’s a big problem in a special election anyway, and its dramatically worse because Dems are getting even more energized every day.

10 Likes

Can you give yourself a pass?

Isn’t that like giving yourself a hickie?

2 Likes

You have your hopes built up quite a bit and that’s dangerous in politics in general and even worse when talking Alabama politics.

I am on board with your thoughts but I’m reserving the right to be majorly disappointed all over again.

Personally, I think that path is much more dangerous in the final weeks of a campaign. Once we commit to a a course of action, it has to be 100%. That’s how willpower defeats fear.

But I get your point, though I don’t think I am talking completely rainbows here. My gut feeling is this worm has turned already, and Moore is losing.

3 Likes

Ramen Davey.

1 Like

It is so hard not to make fun of the central casting dumbass Southern accent after listening to Sessions. Even my 88 yr old Republican Alabama-raised mother thinks he is worthy of ridicule. So, yeah…you are not alone.

3 Likes

Yeah, I am with you on this. I think Roy is done.

4 Likes

Alright Davey, I’m disun-undercommitting. Made up a whole new word for it and everything.

I’m all in because I should’ve been anyways. What really do I/we have to lose. This was Moore’s race to lose and the dumbshit is losing it.

I said last night that I really have to laugh at the idea that he was going to ever keep all of this from coming out.
Victims don’t forget, oppo research does its job and it wasn’t even a freaking secret in the first place-everyone knew.

Indiana Jones don’t have shit on our boy ; )

2 Likes

Sounded Australian, actually.

ETA - well, someone working On trying to sound Aussie, anyway.

1 Like

I think this is right. The national press has the idea that Roy Moore is just the darling of every person, not to say every Republican, in Alabama. Not quite. Moore was always the darling of a particular segment of the religious right base in Alabama – a base that gets out and votes and screams and yells like hell about teh geys and teh evolushun and all that stuff whenever it gets a chance. It’s a big constituency in the Alabama Republican party, to be sure. But a ton of folks down there, including a lot of Republicans who would really like Alabama to be associated more with aerospace and college football than reprobate politics, have always cringed when you mention Roy Moore and think he’s a complete asshat and secretly wish he would just disappear.

Unfortunately for Dems, if they are actually able to get Moore to “suspend his campaign” and coordinate a credible Republican write-in candidate as an alternative, it makes things very tough for Jones. Here’s hoping Moore completely goes ballistic and thwarts any attempt to sideline him.

6 Likes

Don’t forget Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn’t endorse a candidate. He tells you how the election will turn out.

2 Likes

He had an exaggerated NY-Jewish-ambulance-chaser-attorney accent. Utterly ridiculous and designed to play to the extreme of southern prejudiced dumbos.

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. My sense is that having Moore step aside and suspend his campaign (they can’t officially remove him from the ballot) will give a lot of Republicans who were now on the fence a sense that they could write in whatever Republican figure steps up to replace Moore w/o the baggage and not have to go through the indignity of seeing a Democrat elected.

1 Like

Alrighty then, why was he attending a dance recital, of all things? At a junior college that he wasn’t attending, and where the students were a good decade or more younger than he was? Maybe he was just expanding his preferred age targets and leering at nineteen year olds in leotards.

It’s not even clear that this was a student performance; it could have been a function held at the college’s facilities, so she might well have been even younger. Seems like this wouldn’t be too hard to track down - it wasn’t a solo event.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available