Discussion: After Pushback, Utah 6th Graders Won't Learn About Climate Change

Discussion for article #241810

1 Like

Keep the womenfolk barefoot and pregnant, and keep the children docile and ignorant – that’s pretty much the standard motto of all the states that claim to give such a damn about “family values.”

24 Likes

Less than 0.0006% of scientists disagree on Global Warming

69,402 out of 69,406 climate change researchers agree human activity is causing global warming. See: http://rockyrexscience.blogspot.co.uk/p/climate-science-themes-quick-links.html

8 Likes

Be sure that the Utah Middle Schoolers are told that ClimateChange is a dirty term…

…and wait for the Climate Change hits mount up.

1 Like

Dateline: October 15, 2017

Utah officials edited the standards to push back classroom discussion of climate change from eighth to tenth grade, the Salt Lake Tribune reported on Tuesday.

Dateline: October 15, 2019

Utah officials edited the standards to push back classroom discussion of climate change from high school to college, the Salt Lake Tribune reported on Tuesday.

8 Likes

And the children will sit with the frogs in the simmering water, thinking the temperature is relatively constant, as it slowly starts to boil.

5 Likes

Utah Kids is Lern’in! I’m agin it!
Why, me and my 8 wives are going to PROTEST this Subversive Commie Indoctrination!
If they make my young’uns larn about EVILOOSHUN and SCIENCE I just might have to resort to ma’ 2nd Amendment Remmideees!!!

5 Likes

Well, why would anyone want to know hpw the earth works anyway? I mean really… that’s all sciencey stuff for the elites.

2 Likes

After pushback, Utah children will be taught lies about science and will go to postsecondary education with a competitive disadvantage over other kids.

10 Likes

Good luck getting a STEM job, Utah kids.

13 Likes

Yeah, because those lovely and impressionable young Mormon children ain’t gonna answer to no damn Pope, let alone a bunch of nerdy scientists. So there!
As is often said, Ignorance is bliss…and that includes all ignoramuses.

5 Likes

Dateline: October 15, 2023

Utah’s governor signs into law a provision to make classroom discussions of climate change a felony punishable by 3-6 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Dateline: October 15, 2027 – Final Edition

At the decree of President For Life Trump, and the repeal of the 1st Amendment, America has banned the free press. Any mention of climate change, evolution, birth control, and bad hair in public will punishable by no less than 25 years in prison.

2 Likes

The state had put the new science standards on hold in February after parents and state education board officials voiced concern that students would be learning about climate change and evolution.

Wait, what?!? They are not teaching evolution too. That can’t be right.

7 Likes

“We’re not going to make any irrational moves just based on political opinions one way or the other,” he said.

BUT That is exactly what he’s doing…DERP

4 Likes

David Crandall, the chair of the state education board, told the Tribune that the state did not edit the science standards for political reasons.

If you are going to lie to your children about science, I suppose it’s smart to lie about your reasons for lying.

9 Likes

About 25 years ago I went on a dinosaur dig near Price Utah with a group of volunteers, students, and faculty the from local college. We found a few petrified bones which was, well pretty damn cool. We didn’t find Jesus spooning a Plateosaurus, but I’m sure some of the locals are still out there looking for him.

6 Likes

The only ‘irrational’ decision is pretending that science is political.

3 Likes

““We’re not going to make any irrational moves just based on political opinions one way or the other,””

NEWSFLASH TO PEOPLE OF THE MOON KNOWN AS UTAH: “WE CHANGED IT BECAUSE PEOPLE COMPLAINED” IS BY DEFINITION “POLITICAL.”

13 Likes

God forbid that Utah children learn any facts in the science fields. If they did, they might teach their children some facts that demonstrate how ludicrous the basis of the Mormon church is.

5 Likes

Well duh…of course you didn’t find that…he was totally allosaurus-sexual.

3 Likes