Discussion: Admiral Tells Trump It Would Be An 'Honor' To Get Security Clearance Revoked

One factor you need to put into your equation is the training and culture of these folks. It may take a long stretch to climb the hill. I grant you it is so late in the game, but on the other hand he is having to step well past his comfort zone. Clapper was exactly the same. It took a huge step away for him to become so incredibly critical and accusatory. Hayden I imagine as well.

9 Likes

August 28, 2014

1 Like

Would be great if a certain “Marine” in the WH would listen. I know, a snowball’s chance, but as a vet I got to try…

4 Likes

Here’s some background on the Admiral’s military career!

9 Likes

This reminds me of the famous speech in Henry V.

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
For he to-day that sheds his (clearance) with me
Shall be my brother.
(King Henry, Act 4 Scene 3)

My God Trump is dumb.

16 Likes

Dumb as a Trump

11 Likes

A masterpiece of understatement.

5 Likes

One never knows. Remember the Animal House parade? The Mayor was a mobster, like Trump.

4 Likes

See Mr Dan Coats? That is how it is done. McMaster and Coats and their ilk have been minimal-dignity water-carriers for a malevolent clown. How pathetic. Kelly and Flynn and their ilk are utter mofos.

7 Likes

Just like in WWII, the Resistance is not only growing, but is crossing lines of party, politics, and occupation as more and more people recognize the fact that the “peacetime” feuds and differences must be set aside until the common enemy has been vanquished. Good for the Admiral. I may not agree implicitly with every word of his letter—suggesting that there was ever any hope for Trump is more tact than I can summon— but I honor his integrity.

11 Likes

More, please.

6 Likes

The criticism will continue after he’s dead and gone.

11 Likes

If that is truly the case you can kiss Democracy goodbye, because it won’t be long before they eventually use their powers against somebody you like. Presidents come and go, but these guys are forever, like herpes, and if they decide to start taking people down for revenge then we are all fucked.

That said, please remember that Poor John Brennan was the guy who approved and oversaw the illegal, immoral and unethical CIA torture program during Bu$hCo, and then lied about it to Congress. Don’t waste your tears or lose any sleep over that guy. He’ll be fine. He just won’t be able to cash in as big from the MIC.

4 Likes

Word on the street is that El Presidente Pendejo is going to pause Infrastructure Week so he can “pivot” to acting presidential. Or is that “divot.”

8 Likes

I like how that Admiral thinks!

3 Likes

The article sends you to the Washington Post. Under the “WashingtonPost” banner is “Democracy dies in darkness” yet before you can read the op-ed piece they demand you pay up.
Darkness indeed.

5 Likes

“…tRumpanistas heads will uniformly explode.”

Please, let it be literal and SOON.

2 Likes

What all the Republicans should be saying, as well. Glad to see there are some citizens of integrity left in this country. I wish he’d called for T’s resignation in that last sentence, but one can hope for too much. This is good.

2 Likes

Trump’s legacy is secure. As the Bard tells us, “The evil men do lives after them.”

8 Likes

This is the “Shit Sandwich” guy, right?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available