Discussion: Admiral Tells Trump It Would Be An 'Honor' To Get Security Clearance Revoked

12 Likes

The papers take a stand together this morning. The guy who led the OBL kill uses the WaPo to take a stand soon after. Something is happening.

A tweet storm would look so incredibly tiny and weak and lame now. I really hope he does it.

34 Likes

Especially pissing of the people with SIG INTā€“Always a very bad move.

As I have noted at length, the SIG INT will get you every single time.

17 Likes

Thatā€™s the kind of service member we can be proud of! (And heā€™s not just a ā€œretired admiral.ā€ He was head of Joint Special Ops Command, and managed the raid that got bin Laden. Heā€™s the guy that many of us dreamed of being when we were kids. tRump, of course, dreamed of developing bone spurs.)

31 Likes

Those who have been praying for Trump to become a leader have been wasting their time and prayers. They should pray for world peace or to end hunger in the world instead . Theyā€™d have no less a chance of getting their prayers answered if they did.

7 Likes

Cajones on Parade! Bravo!

7 Likes

His crapping on Hayden and Clapper alone must be creating a turmoil.

6 Likes

I donā€™t disagree, but keep in mind that the key qualifier here is retired Admiral.

3 Likes

I appears all those lessons learned from Dale Carnegie is paying off in spades for Mr. Twitler.

9 Likes

If he prayed trump would become a decent leader because he supported trump before the election, heā€™s still got some explaining to do.

7 Likes

I would imagine that there is a Mount Everest of damning information on Trump, et.al., yearning to be, uh, free. When it happens, Trumpanistas heads will uniformly explode.

13 Likes

Wasnnā€™t quite sure ā€¦ For everyone else of the non Military persuasion
It = Youā€™re Fucked

4 Likes

Hopefully, his sentiments go right to the heart and soul of every elected Republican in the country!

6 Likes

As well as his heroic ordeal surviving the nationā€™s vaginal landmines which was his personal Vietnam and merits the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Cc @austin_dave

7 Likes

Wellā€¦

Just think for a minute. All the shit this ā€œpresidentā€ has done, and this is the straw that broke this guyā€™s camel?

While I appreciate the thought, take a few minutes and recall everything that DIDNā€™T get Admiral McRaven to write this letter.

Iā€™m not questioning the Admiralā€™s bravery, but I am questioning his courage.

1 Like

When did he retire?

1 Like

With this president anybody WITH a security clearance will soon be suspect. People will be giving them back voluntarily.

6 Likes

This is the guy who led the team that killed Bin Laden and is regarded as a black ops expert. Unlike Trump, heā€™s no joke.

17 Likes

Admiral McRaven, of course, worked very closely with Brennan, including on a particular operation while, uh, some other guy was President.

@pshah: Beat me by seconds.

18 Likes

I like the cut of this Admiralā€˜s jib.
:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available