Discussion: Activist Berates Chelsea Clinton, Linking Her Omar Tweet To NZ Massacre

So you say – but I do not use Facebook and have not seen Ms. Sisa’s remarks in context.

I am told that her remarks included the following:

Do you not think that the American government and American Jewish community has a dual allegiance to the State of Israel?

Naturally, any suggestion that “the […] American Jewish community has a dual allegiance to the State of Israel” should raise red flags – and questions. One part of the objection is that the “American Jewish community” does not have one monolithic opinion. Do many American Jews feel “protective” towards the state of Israel? Of course, and so do many non-Jewish Americans. Is there anything wrong with this? No – unless feeling protective towards Israel consistently outweighs (other) professed American ideals or interests.

Nor should the question be asked only about the state of Israel, of course.

As for the first part of Sisa’s question:

Do you not think that the American government […] has a dual allegiance to the State of Israel?

Exactly as I discussed above, one can also ask if our presidents and members of Congress have pursued policies that benefit some people in other countries to the detriment of professed American ideals or interests. Which other countries? Many of them. Today, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Russia spring quickly to mind. In the past, one would have included the Republic of South Africa and other countries.

These questions have been raised before. Raising them is a patriotic act. Shouting them down is cowardly at best.

2 Likes

Of course no direct accusation of Jews in dual loyalty will ever rise to the level of anti-Semitism for you. Nothing will. No surprise here.

People tend to look at remarks like Clinton’s as isolated, when they are actually part of a pattern. I think the protester nailed it.

1 Like

What pattern? What do you think this ’ pattern’ you see demonstrates?

2 Likes

Not to mention Chump’s Rub N Tug #1 Super Contender Happy Traitor, Ltd.
McConnell and Chao’s Taiwan shipping contracts

2 Likes

Right.

Here’s an excerpt from an article published ten days ago:

Maybe, for the first time in history, someone will dare tell the truth to the American people, absorbing scathing accusations of anti-Semitism, without bowing her head. The chances of this happening aren’t great; the savage engine of the Jewish lobby and of Israel’s “friends” is already doing everything it can to trample her.

Not only that, the writer continues:

What, after all, has Omar said? That pro-Israel activists demand “allegiance to a foreign country”; that U.S. politicians support Israel because of money they receive from the pro-Israel lobby group AIPAC, and that “Israel hypnotized the world.” What is incorrect in these statements? Why is describing reality considered anti-Semitic?

The article, written by noted anti-Semite Gideon Levy, was published in that noted anti-Semitic rag, Ha’aretz.

Now please tell us again how only your own brilliant assertions can have merit. (I say this in jest but, to be honest, I’m sure you’ll rise to the occasion.)

2 Likes

Quite in character. You found a Jew who defends Omar and who declares accusations of allegiance to Israel to be the truth (not a single individual is named, thus all are named). Now you are free to dismiss the multitude of Jewish voices.

Let’s do a thought experiment. Take Sisa’s words (funny how you deleted “American Jewish community” in your version of the quote):

Then make two substitutions: replace “American Jewish community” by “American Muslim community” and Israel by “Islamic State” or “Sharia law”. Then say that such a statement would not be Islamophobic and bigoted.

Yes, that’s catch 22: if you made that statement then (based on your other posts here) we would know your were lying. And if you didn’t make that statement you would show your hypocrisy (at best).

But then you’ll say that there is a difference because Sisa told the truth…

Edit: Did you notice that you dropped the pretence “she was not speaking about Jews” defence of Omar? You are now defending the very claim that American Jewish community has its allegiance to Israel.

I did not.

Remedial reading classes may be in your future.

1 Like

I see, apparently, the […] was inserted by an automated forum software:

Maybe you should take remedial lying classes to lie better.

Pitiful.

Look at the first half of my remarks in the comment you’re supposedly quoting from …

1 Like

I saw that the first time you posted it. I have read hundreds (or more) high school essays, and many college application essays. This one was really good - and shows that he had an understanding of the nature of contemporary politics in 2000. It’s pretty impressive.

But what it says about him in 2019, and emphatic posting of an old high school essay, I am not sure.

2 Likes

But what it says about him in 2019,

Well, we know he’s smart and a good communicator. It’s a mixed bag though when you look back at past presidents; Reagan was pretty dense but an excellent communicator, Carter had both but put people to sleep, Bush Jr had neither while Obama had both and it got him into the WH. And on it goes.

2 Likes

Jeebus, wolander’s here? Haven’t run into him at all. Time to get out before:

Fair enough. I have only just started paying attention to him. May be I am impressed/pleased in part, because for the most part when folks from this state get into a national political spotlight - its people who were far right Senators or congressman/governor who become really horrible vice presidents. Mayor Pete gives a different representation of Indiana.

2 Likes

Mayor Pete gives a different representation of Indiana.

Just came to me. He would make a perfect V.P. pick. He seems not to be in too much of a rush for the brass ring.

1 Like

As I have started watching him (really recently) that has crossed my mind. But I jump ahead of myself. I try to let all of the pre-primary period to pass before I start thinking seriously about my choice(s).

2 Likes

There was a very specific and very deliberate linkage of American government and American Jewish community while accusing both of allegiance to Israel.

No one in this whole discussion linked American government and American Muslim community while accusing them of allegiance to Saudi Arabia (or any other Muslim American country). That would have been bigoted.
No one in this whole discussion linked accused American government and American Russian community while accusing them in allegiance to Russia. That would have been bigoted.
No one in this whole discussion linked American government and American Turkish community in allegiance to Turkey. That would have been bigoted.
The list goes on – there is also American Japanese community which was accused of allegiance to Japan in the past. I wonder, will you defend actions of American citizens in that shameful episode of our history as “a patriotic duty”?

So what’s pitiful is your attempt at pretending that conversation was never about Jews while simultaneously accusing Jews specifically – and now openly – of allegiance to a foreign country. You really don’t want to admit being a certain kind of a bigot, but you are running out of explanations.

I hear ya wo, I hear ya!!

I’m excited to be heard by our thoughtful and progressive troll.

our thoughtful and progressive troll.

I don’t know if I like you liberally associating me to anything you’re a member of. Think I’d stand a better chance walking through the front door all by myself. Of course I would acknowledge your standing and position - if asked.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available