Discussion: 1958 TV Show Had Conman 'Trump' Selling Mystical 'Wall' To Hysterical Townspeople

Barnum was wrong. There’s three suckers born every minute.

4.2 million newborns / year in the US is about 8 / minute.
3/8 = 37.5%…Trump’s current approval rating.

7 Likes

I go both ways.

2 Likes

70s TV diversity: the fat white guy (Cannon), the old white guy (Barnaby Jones), the crippled white guy (Ironside), the blind white guy (Longstreet)…

5 Likes

Don’t know if this has been noted.

U2 in their recent Joshua Tree tour have used this in every show. E.g. this.

2 Likes

And hey, that is perfectly ok!

OH GOOD HEAVENS!

now today -

Trump: I never said Mexico would directly pay for the wall

11 Likes

So maybe every network that decided it was essential to run Tuesday’s rant by Cheeto Bandito should be required to air this in prime time next week.

7 Likes

I’m gobsmacked.

2 Likes

That’s my current thinking too. It’s all a holographic projection, so it really is a dream. hahahaha

3 Likes

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.”

Mark Twain, Following the Equator: A Journey Around the World

6 Likes

“You gotta grab 'em by the posse.”

15 Likes

Think of the audience reaction to the “You’re under arrest, Trump” line if this was played in a theater.

9 Likes

Then what are dreams? :wink:

1 Like

What makes it esp. funny is a parasol is just another name for umbrella and we know how well Donnie Trump understands the workings of that.

8 Likes

Good question.

Leftover quantum possibilities?

1 Like

Well, this came out in 1958, and Fred Trump was investigated by a Senate committee for profiteering in 1954. So it’s not totally off the wall (pun intended) to think the resemblance is not totally coincidental.

13 Likes

“Careful son, I can sue you!”

6 Likes

Mmm…sounds tasty. What wine would you suggest with that?

I’m waiting for someone to say “it’s a cookbook.”

4 Likes

BTW the sheriff is Robert Culp who gained fame as an undercover tennis pro in the 1960s TV series I Spy. opposite Bill Cosby.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available