DeVos Will Work For Man Behind 'Unconscionable' Jan 6 Attack Again, So Long As He Promises To Gut Public Ed

Originally published at: DeVos Will Work For Man Behind ‘Unconscionable’ Jan 6 Attack Again, So Long As He Promises To Gut Public Ed - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Famously, Trump’s Education Secretary Betsy DeVos resigned from her job in the wake of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Like some in the Trump administration at the time, DeVos — whose tenure was condemned by the public education community due to her enthusiasm for privatization — made it clear that her resignation was…

See, she really does have principles. And, if you don’t like them, she has others.

Thanks, Groucho.

43 Likes

DeVos is stating publicly that she’d work for Trump again if he forgave her for that whole being-upset-about-the-insurrection thing — the kind of groveling that Trump is known to enjoy.

Profile in Courage right there… sheesh

29 Likes

DeVos translated: “The guy disgusts me, but I’d go back to work for him if he’d just let me fulfill my RWNJ goals. Plus, he’d need to phase out my job quickly because I don’t really like to work and, besides, I’m rich and I don’t need to work.”

36 Likes

DeVos is a lousy traitor who wants a second bite at the sabotage apple. Her and her brother are scum of the earth.

32 Likes

In early August, the Republican-controlled state election board in Georgia adopted a new rule that essentially gave Adams what she wanted. It requires local election board members to conduct an undefined “reasonable inquiry” into any discrepancies before they can certify the election. There are concerns that officials could use that discretion to hold up certification of the election.

The reason more rats aren’t fleeing the sinking USS Trump is that the fix is in for Trump all over the place. Will it be enough? Absolutely yes – the only question is whether they’ve rigged the places that matter this time. The answer to that is “probably yes,” but only probably.

GOP statehouses still have 3 months to drop their masks. I expect them to go all-in.

10 Likes

Betsy DeVos clearly an enemy of the state.

15 Likes

Shorter DeVos: “I will ally with anybody who will let me destroy the public institution my family fortune is dedicated to destroying.”

It is too bad the United States has not declared war on the DeVos family, because the DeVos family has declared war on the United States.

ETA: I see @michaelryerson beat me to the punch by seconds. We calls it like we sees it.

27 Likes

Her brother is the reason I think we need a Constitutional amendment banning private armies and American participation in wars as mercenaries.

23 Likes

No, the Republicans are going down this year.

This is still America, we are the majority, and we won’t let these traitors and freaks destroy our country.

31 Likes

They’re gonna go down faster than Mike Pence at the “Hamilton” afterparty.

27 Likes

For some reason puts me in mind of public executions.

7 Likes

Slava Ukraini!

10 Likes

She has a few other conditions

She’s outlining her conditions… to the press… so… she’s playing some kind of game… with the media… which she dislikes and distrusts.

Makes perfect sense. To weirdos.

16 Likes

Is there news?

Thus surprising nobody.
She has the morals of a cockroach.

18 Likes

Any doctors here? Is he on steroids do you think? Just looking at his puffy face…

2 Likes

I love the straight up admission that they just don’t give a damn. At least they’re not hiding behind their mealy mouths anymore.

20 Likes

With Trump as the Republican nominee in this year’s election, DeVos is stating publicly that she’d work for Trump again if he forgave her for that whole being-upset-about-the-insurrection thing — the kind of groveling that Trump is known to enjoy.

Yes, Donnie loves when his adversaries suffer abject humiliation, but that doesn’t always satisfy his passion for vengeance:

ETA: I was gonna write earlier, about his dance, that Donnie only smiles when someone else is suffering, but stopped myself.
But, there it is.

28 Likes

Definitely on Adderall. That would puff up his superego.

7 Likes