‘Despicable’: Cheney Blasts Gosar For Efforts To ‘Smear’ Officers Who Protected Capitol On Jan. 6 | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) blasted what she called “disgusting and despicable” efforts by Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) on Tuesday to “smear” the U.S. Capitol Police officers who defended lawmakers when a pro-Trump mob attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1377840

This is why Gosar’s entire family hates him.

45 Likes

“The Capitol Police officer that did that shooting appeared to be hiding, lying in wait and then gave no warning before killing her,” Gosar said.

It’s incredible how they managed to position someone in the exact spot where one person among the thousands of morons was expected to break through a barrier and present herself to her assassin.

I know these people are disingenuous and deeply stupid, but you’d think that somewhere beneath all the “tactical” underoos and what-have-you, one or two of the Q crowd would find that a tad hard to believe. I mean, since they think they’re such military geniuses and all.

53 Likes

Despicable? One might even say “deplorable.” Once again, I miss our lost chance for President Hillary Clinton. Too bad the voters don’t elect the president.

38 Likes

The crux of the issue is that we don’t have objective truth in this country (if we ever did). It doesn’t do any good to be “right” when the other side has a completely different set of facts and can dismiss any argument made. People like Gosar, whether willing pawns or actively disseminating falsehoods, are making it possible for RWNJs to hold on to their side of the story.

I guess I agree with an earlier suggestion by Josh, that we need a truth commission, not to punish, but to but a single, consistent narrative in place and say that ‘this happened’.

30 Likes

Not much more to say except stop voting for sick reps AZ; seriously. Whether you think it’s sad or funny, they’re as useless as a post turtle.

18 Likes

What the fuck does Gosar need a name for?
Giving him the opportunity to (1) further inflame his tools with lies and (2) provide them, likely through the right wing propaganda machinery, with a name and an address to which to address their ‘attentions,’ would be the height of irresponsibility, or, more likely, malice.
This asshole seems to be looking to willfully endanger someone who put themselves at risk to protect him: what a piece of shit.
At the end of the day, it would be satisfying to learn that Gosar can, and will, be charged in relation to 1/6.

26 Likes

“The real criminals are the liars abusing people for political power.”

Indeed. Now how do you get millions of lost souls to also understand this?

25 Likes

I wish piece of shit was strong enough for what I think of him.

14 Likes

But his district loves him. You have to wonder what is wrong with that people.

11 Likes

When the GOP rewards extremism, extremists rule.

Does Rep. Liz Cheney really have a problem with that?

5 Likes

Well…he is from Arizona.:thinking:

2 Likes

Good for Cheney (a sentence I never expected to type). It beggars belief that anyone would describe that as an “execut[ion]”. In Gosar world, I suppose the Capitol Police were supposed to act as tour guides and lead the crowd to the offices of those they wished to kill.
There is no bottom for these people.

31 Likes

Cheney was in the thick of the radicalization of the GOP. That said, she is right about Gosar.

36 Likes

Cannot spell crazy without R AZ.

20 Likes

I believe the corrosive presence of master liar Donald Trump is responsible for the bulk of what we are seeing in the United States.

19 Likes

The problem I see is, as we’ve seen demonstrated with Gosar, those who have the responsibility of said commission are susceptible to power grabs, whether from within or from the outside. The former president has shown that even our highest offices can be corrupted so how possible could it be to corrupt a commission?

6 Likes

Gosar wears “despicable” like a cloak and on the countenance of his face. He is evil. Even his family knows that.

16 Likes

Does Gosar use the same word “assassinate” when black people are shot down for holding a phone, a wallet, a sandwich, walking in their yard, sitting in a car? I think not. But an active insurrectionist with a backpack potentially loaded with weapons breaking into a secure area by climbing through a window, that required constraint and a chance for her to gently explain she was just a tourist.

37 Likes

So what’s the point of revealing the officer’s name? Death threats to the officer and his family are the exact point.
The woman was not a martyr. She has only herself to blame for climbing through that window. Sadly the officer only shot her with his service pistol when he should have opened up with an Uzi and cleared the area.

27 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available