‘Despicable’: Cheney Blasts Gosar For Efforts To ‘Smear’ Officers Who Protected Capitol On Jan. 6 | Talking Points Memo

Yep. Also, she needs to give it up. As numerous pundits have commented, the GOP that Rep Cheney seems to be hoping to recover is long gone. Trying to rehabilitate the GOP is a fool’s errand. If she is serious, at minimum she should leave the GOP and become an independent.

18 Likes

He legitimized and enabled it but I don’t think he is the cause.

11 Likes

“Lying in wait?” No. Gosar is the only one lying in this story.

15 Likes

He’s a catalyst.

22 Likes

Gosar’s family are hard right republicans don’t forget,
Gosar’s district is north central Phoenix

As a long time Arizonan I do not know what’s wrong with those who vote for Gosar either. He’s clearly unhinged from reality. Any image of him one sees … he looks sour… like he’s sucking on a rotten lemon. I’ve never seen an image of him where he’s smiling. I bet he tortured flies as a kid.
The scary part here is I am agreeing with Liz Cheney on something.

37 Likes

Totally agree.

Trump’s menace is as A DEMAGOGUE

That is HIGHLY DANGEROUS IN THESE TIMES and that cannot be overstated.

24 Likes

Yep, trump.

10 Likes

You’re sick Paul, sadly. Truth is, Ashli was manipulated by people like you and breached an area and put lives in danger despite being repeatedly warned not to. The real criminals are the liars abusing people for political power.

I’m not sure I can say I like Adam Kinzinger, but I certainly admire and respect his stance on this question.

27 Likes

If MTG can be stripped of committee assignments and threatened with censure for comments on decades-old war crimes, surely Gosar deserves no less.

If McCarthy doesn’t act, Pelosi needs to.

30 Likes

Sorry Liz…‘you built it, you own it’…

8 Likes

He lit the fuse, but he didn’t singlehandedly build the bomb.

9 Likes

That’s a tad charitable.

10 Likes

What to demagogues do?

They give their listeners happiness than is difficult to describe to people who have not given themselves to their spell. It is a function of two symbiotic entities, each stoking the other.

I have never been under the spell of a demagogue.

The closest I ever got–with respect to oratory–was with Obama…but I never had hate rise in me when I heard him speak

5 Likes

i would probably vote for her.

AR-16, daggummit! This here’z Amurka!

5 Likes

7 Likes

Are rotten lemons orange in color? …

9 Likes
7 Likes

I live in Trump country, rural northern NH. Over many years I’d only ever heard one person make openly blatantly racist comments and one other person make overt anti-Semitic comments. I used to think if a Black family was driving through and broke down in front of any house, the guy would rush out to help fix the car and the wife would invite the family in for hot chocolate. Now I’m not sure if a Black family wouldn’t be met with an assault rifle pointed at them or calls to the police.

As an older familiar white guy, I get to hear what my neighbors, bar mates, and business associates say in semi-private. The level of racist, anti-Asian and anti-Semitic innuendo and vicious comments is through the roof. Many of these people voted for Obama the first time. But Trump brought out and encouraged the very worst. I can no longer tolerate being with folks I’ve known for years.

And some of the most vociferous Trumpies come from among the poor and those on disability and other govt. programs that Trump and Co. tried to eliminate. Sad.

30 Likes

From the wiki and his House bio page, now contrast with yesterday’s photo from Newsweek.

I’m betting that his House bio page is the one he used when first elected in 2013.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available