Desantis Takes School Mask War To New Level As Pandemic Rages | Talking Points Memo

When things go wrong, sue the judge.

1 Like

Why didnā€™t they protest in Los Angeles? Santa Monica is a separate city.

3 Likes

Full stop.

If Bolton came out against gargling with broken glass, I would be forced to at least consider whether the practice had some oral hygiene benefit.

9 Likes

Sovereign citizens are dumb enough, but granting asylumā€¦ Does that mean that sheā€™s somehowā€¦ gulpā€¦ ā€œinsideā€ mike Lindell? It boggles the mind.

1 Like

Mr. Velour had two camping trips planned in Sept. in the Sierras. NPS has now cancelled them. Last year it was the same situation. What is happening to the planet and wildlife, Itā€™s heartbreaking and very frightening.

11 Likes

There was an article about McCarthyā€™s brother claiming he was a Native American at least a year ago. Donā€™t remember where.

5 Likes

I dunno, seems like a documentary called ā€œDeworming Ron Johnsonā€ could at least get an honorable mention at Sundance or Cannes.

5 Likes

Nothing negligent about it. His actions are deliberate, with known consequences.

5 Likes

Does DeSantis realize that backing down in the face of even moderate opposition is a signature Trump trait?

8 Likes

And now, this:

Election fraud conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell pressed by Australian reporter: ā€˜Do you ever hear yourself and think it sounds ridiculous?ā€™ (msn.com)

19 Likes

Turns out the Kraken does have some assets for Dominion and Smartmatics to go afterā€¦

9 Likes

BRING BACK THE STATE MENTAL INSTITUTIONS!!!

2 Likes

What we need is a sequence of good happeningsā€¦actually, there are good things happeningā€¦even NOW.

How I miss Howard Deanā€¦

6 Likes

@geographyjones

Iā€™m not quite sure that is what Rumi meant. Hereā€™s what he said:

This silence, this moment, every moment, if itā€™s genuinely inside you, brings what you need. Thereā€™s nothing to believe. Only when I stopped believing in myself did I come into this beauty. Sit quietly, and listen for a voice that will say, ā€˜Be more silent.ā€™ Die and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign that youā€™ve died. Your old life was a frantic running from silence. Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.

Now, this is somebodyā€™s translation. and you know what else Rumi said:

Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.

6 Likes

When there are this many people all over the world clamoring for exposure to ever more deadly and communicable COVID variants, the result is cosmic relief when the Humans collapse civilization and Darwin themselves. Traditionally the gods have had a dark sense of humor.

2 Likes

We have the same problem here in the upper Midwest.

The Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) in Minnesota is also under the gun with fires. Last week, there was a massive effort to evacuate as many campers as they could find. This is a true wilderness area - dear Hubby has been going there for decades - and there are no ā€˜roadsā€™ to speak of. If you are two days in, itā€™s two days out, all on foot.

13 Likes

I was a Saturday Evening Post guy, myself.

5 Likes

Rep. Andy Kim (D-NJ) is on MSNBC with Hallie Jackson and said his office has received 10,000+ evacuation requests. He serves on the House Armed Services Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

2 Likes

Well, itā€™s going to be a sunny 52 degrees in Iqaluit tomorrow. I imagine the dogs will be pretty logy in their dense fur. Iā€™ll fly the Nunavut flag today, in your honor. :pray:

2 Likes

The lawsuit itself is a pretty effective waiver, at least as to the plaintiff who filed it. And the court order is probably a pretty good liability shield against the rest of the family. That said, if I were the doctor, Iā€™d still refuse to give the man horse dewormer. If thereā€™s no quack willing to dole it out at the hospital where heā€™s admitted, he can go find one somewhere else. Or better yet, just let him get around to dying so it it frees up the bed for someone more deserving of actual medicine.

14 Likes