Desantis Takes School Mask War To New Level As Pandemic Rages | Talking Points Memo

It’s not.

2 Likes

So you’re saying a judge ordering hospitals to administer a horse/cattle de-wormer is not intelligent or trained to prescribe medication?
There has to be some sort of waiver a patient or patient’s family will have to sign so that the doctors and hospital can’t be sued.

3 Likes

Agree with @left_in_washington_state - negligent homicide would mean they did not take reasonable action after witnessing a life threatening issue - ie failed to call 911 after watching someone fall off a cliff - these fuckers are in essence preventing someone else from calling 911… which shows an intent of malice as well as action taken in pursuit of that goal. This is FAR worse than doing being negligent and doing nothing. It’s more akin to accessory to murder in 2nd degree.

6 Likes

And Voltaire said: "“Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one.”

DeSantis seems very absurd to me.

9 Likes

Young, lusting for life, feelings of invulnerability, just fucking stupid.

BTW, I’ve never lusted for life. Life and I have maintained a platonic and celibate relationship.

27 Likes

In an effort to get people vaxxed, the message was you could do just about anything and not even need to wear a mask, once you got the jab. I thought it was a mistake at the time.

5 Likes

Should that rat be on it’s back, and Xs where its eyes should be?
Isn’t Xs over the eyes the universal cartoon symbol of death?

7 Likes

Trump’s malignant personality was what I was afraid of at the beginning (the escalator in 2015).

That fear never left me and there was a point in time–when I saw the bases of his appeal–that I knew that Trumpism is something far beyond “politics”.

25 Likes

I agree. It was an erroneous assumption that Red/GOP/Trump people could be persuaded to respond like those who had.

5 Likes

Can Whoopie and Billy Crystal do it without Robin Williams?

3 Likes

People who need people are scariest people in the world, for right now.

6 Likes

"Why would people go to a music festival " ever?

“Ain’t nothin’ like a festival crowd.
There’s too many people so we play to loud”.

Spinal Tap
“Stinkin’ Up The Great Outdoors”

7 Likes

The big question a few weeks ago was whether the Taliban could govern. The big question today is whether they even realize they have a governance problem. It seems some of the Taliban want to move the capital, or at least spiritual capital to Kandahar, the country’s number two city. Also, they want to obviate democratic process through the establishment of an “emirate” led by Haibatullah Akhundzada, who would apparently just decree stuff. Alternatively, Kabul would remain an administrative center. In any case, 20 million people now face food insecurity, drought, unemployment, etc. It is difficult to digest the implications of what is happening, but Yemen may not provide the right historical analog. Perhaps the Khemer Rouge capture of all of Cambodia in 1975 comes closest. Let’s hope Haibatullah Akhundzada or one of his deputies doesn’t turn out to be the next Pol Pot.

17 Likes

GooD luCK every gettinG your hands on Tina PEters, as the duLY authorized LEader of myPILLow, sovereign CITIZEN MikE LindeLL has granted her asyluM.

23 Likes

That’s what State mental hospitals were for. Republicans got rid of those decades ago. The results are clearly visible in their leadership.

7 Likes

I still remember the tag line: “Comic Relief - It’s no joke.”

Seems appropriate.

2 Likes

He should tell folks they closed it for raking.

8 Likes

I take it, then, that you are not up with people?

2 Likes

Speaking of dealing with stupid -

Of course the story could have been much shorter and clearer -

Wisconsin doctors say “shut the f*ck up.”

26 Likes

He won this round. It’s not over yet.

But I have to say that–in terms of “never giving up”–the Right could give lessons to the Rest of us.

If I had a nickel for every “we’re doomed” post** I’ve come across, I could pay the educators DumbSandbox is rooking.

**and, at times, I have written posts which, while not saying “we’re doomed”, implied it.

5 Likes