DeSantis Slams Trump For Not Being Anti-LGBTQ+ Enough In A Bizarre Video Montage Of Himself Alongside Shirtless Men

This feels like a new variation on kill/fuck/marry.

Do I slap the Bud Light kangaroo piss out of his hand? Hit the target by punching him in the solar plexus? Or just break his stupid nose?

So many choices…

4 Likes

Are we absolutely sure DuhSantis never worked as a wrestling coach?

16 Likes

It looks like they will. It’s been reported for a while now that the team running his campaign is too small and too inexperienced to run a national campaign. Casey DeSantis calls many of the shots, and Ron has no instinct for knowing when he’s pissing people off that he needs to win. Like that scheduling error in New Hampshire that pissed off GOP women.

So yeah, this will continue. Look for more gaffs and missteps until Trump finally shuts him down in the primary.

13 Likes

Carly Fiorina demon sheep ad:

12 Likes

Watching the Tour de France beats worrying about DeSantis and his oiled up manly man video.
Very scenic views of Europe beats the heck outta Lil Boots mug on TPM. But we must remember that Ron’s anti-LGBQT+ stance is his new boogyman since he’s quit hassling Disney. With any luck both Ron and trump will flame out in the primaries.

6 Likes

A little scarier context for Ron’s quest for power: Homoerotic images, the idealized Greco-Roman male, have long been employed in fascist propaganda. I don’t think anyone producing it thinks about it much, they just know they like it.

Ron may be closeted gay or bi, but he is out and proud fascist.

32 Likes

Agreed and he comes off as a bumbling fool to boot.

8 Likes

Um, this is the same Achilles who in the original mythology gets mad at Hector because he kills his male lover Patroclus (whom the film among other liberties changed to his cousin, with Achilles as a serial womanizer, just so you don’t get the wrong idea)?

That Achilles?

26 Likes

I’m not surprised his campaign denied the video is homoerotic. What else could they say. It obviously is and I doubt they show it over and over and over now.

Considering DeSantis himself by law had to approve it, one wonders about him.

7 Likes

IIRC the Christian Bale character from American Psycho cites the Art of the deal which could also explain it as a dig at Trump.
Remember when Republicans took umbrage, a lot of it over films like that which contain a lot of violence. Then again those principles are long gone.

3 Likes

“In a country as vast and diverse as the USA, identity politics is poison.”

In other news, Alanis Morissette announced she is re-recording one of her hits, but with new lyrics.

Edit to add: Also, paraphrasing my mom when I’d ask about Kid’s Day: EVERY MONTH IS STRAIGHT/CIS-PERSON MONTH.

5 Likes

Irony, we hardly knew ye.

14 Likes

They go for the propaganda over doing their own research, dontcha know?

2 Likes

21 Likes

Well, one may stop wondering now; everybody else just did.

1 Like

Why is it all you woke libs want to turn something like deSantis’s appreciation of big, virile, glossy, muscular, disciplined, yummy men into something obscene? Next you’ll be telling me there’s something wrong with liking both snails and oysters.

12 Likes

44 Likes

Obviously the photo is probably fake, but Is this a real post, he actually shared this?

3 Likes

How does his campaign get permission to use images from movies and tv? Can you just pay for rights and use them anyway you see fit? Somehow I just can’t imagine the owners of some or all rights would approve.

2 Likes

“We wouldn’t support a month to celebrate straight people for sexual orientation, either… It’s unnecessary, divisive, pandering,” Pushaw said in a tweet. “In a country as vast and diverse as the USA, identity politics is poison.”

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of days, weeks and months designated as holidays or time periods that celebrate, honor and recognize people of all races, ethnicities, professions, cultural and social practices, etc. Too many to even try to list. Each created to connect with an “identity”, as Pushaw has tagged her complaint. Someone should ask her if all these holidays and events and remembrances should be ceased. You know, to reinforce no one is any different than anyone else.

9 Likes