DeSantis Slams Trump For Not Being Anti-LGBTQ+ Enough In A Bizarre Video Montage Of Himself Alongside Shirtless Men

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg pushed back on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Sunday for a video his campaign posted last week seemingly attacking former President Donald Trump for past remarks he’s made in support of  the LGBTQ+ community.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1462203
1 Like

Why is it the politicians who publicly obsessively attack gays the most seem turned on by homoerotica?

Just asking.

76 Likes

“I’m going to leave aside the strangeness of trying to prove your manhood by putting up a video that splices images of you in between oiled-up, shirtless bodybuilders,” Buttigieg said, commenting on the DeSantis campaign video in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “And just get to the bigger issue that is on my mind whenever I see this stuff in the policy space, which is, again: Who are you trying to help? Who are you trying to make better off? And what public policy problems do you get up in the morning thinking about how to solve?”

“I just don’t understand the mentality of somebody who gets up in the morning thinking that he’s going to prove his worth by competing over who can make life hardest for a hard-hit community that is already so vulnerable in America,” he added.

Since being shared on the DeSantis War Room account Friday afternoon, the video has gotten bipartisan pushback.

“This is actually very gay,” Pete Buttigies’s spouse Chasten Glezman Buttigieg tweeted.

I love the Buttigiegs.

102 Likes

Ron, Darling, Talk to Daddy. I can help you.

19 Likes

Shirtless men is the least of it. I saw a clip of Tommy Shelby from peaky blinders as well as Christian Bale from American Psycho. DeSantis is just playing make believe here, but he’s a sick fuck for sure.

50 Likes

29 Likes

But Ron and the Missus and the team, they are too off-planet to play this game. I hope they keep it up.

25 Likes

I think we now know he picked out the white rainboots himself.

43 Likes

Yeah. That one really confused me.

15 Likes

DeSantis is trying a hostile takeover of a cult and that never goes well.

Why have a cheap copy when you can have the original?

19 Likes

35 Likes

Just triggering libs.

17 Likes

It’s like he has a 20 something campaign intern who has never seen the film and only knows the Bale character from internet memes.

18 Likes

Rick Wilson claims that DeSantis’s campaign team hates him, and ads like this one serve to confirm that. I mean, maybe that plays well for the MAGAts who live in The Villages, but I don’t think it’s going to play very well in most of the rural Red States… I could be wrong.

40 Likes

I’m with @rufustfirefly. I think whoever made the ad never saw American Psycho. If they did see American Psycho, then they’re one sick pup to think it’s a positive representation of manliness.

27 Likes

I care very much where other men put their dicks, but I am TOTALLY NOT GAY. (The GQP of 2023, ladies and MANLY MEN.)

11 Likes

Up in the air whether they’ve ever seen the movie, but they understand it well enough to recognize that the character is one of their beloved alpha males. That’s all any of that video is, just alphas pwning cucks, with Rhonda basking in the glory by proxy.

22 Likes

I’m beginning to think that DeSantis is being paid by the Trump campaign to suck momentum out of the other campaigns and then bury himself under a mountain of ridicule.

19 Likes

Achilles, a notoriously straight character.

28 Likes

I think in addition to requiring presidential candidates to provide their tax returns, they need to provide their internet search histories as well. Would put a stop to this homophobic bullshit instantly, along with disqualifying all kinds of fascist a-holes from ever running in the first place.

12 Likes