DeSantis Appointee In Predominantly Black County Resigns After KKK Photo Surfaces

Yep. Very much a doubling, tripling, septupling down. And out of desperation, of not wanting to be seen to lose, because a dictator can’t afford that, and a weak man can’t handle it emotionally. And the message it does send is of a military situation very close to collapse.

4 Likes

Once again the “only the best people” turns out to be total rubbush…

3 Likes

Seems that Corey is always the adolescent in the room.

1 Like

This isn’t good.

There are fears that Hurricane Ian could deluge an area of Florida where the US extracts most of it phosphate fertilizer, leading to dangerous contaminants spilling into waterways.

Gigantic pools of waste byproduct made during fertilizer production sit in open-air ponds known as “stacks” in the Tampa area.

According to AP News, over one billion tonnes of waste water sits in these stacks. Environmentalists warn that they could be vulnerable to flooding in the coming hours and days.

Two stacks, including one that leaked 215m gallons of polluted water into Tampa Bay last year, are considering most at risk of overflowing.

One would think that the state of FL would have fixed that after last year’s breach.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Protecting the environment is a liberal thing, though, and liberal things are bad.

4 Likes

stopped for driving drunk on a U.S. air base in Japan in September 2001.
Yeah … it would have played a significant role in the decision to bar him from reenlistment!

What a rancid unprofessional jackass!

1 Like

Well, as far as I’m concerned that’s a private matter that I’m not called upon to gloat about. It’s a common thing, it happens. She might be a jerk about a marriage of someone of different political views ending, she’s a huge toxic jerk about most things, but I’m most certainly not called upon to do the same. Help the kids through this, Mr. and Ms. Greene, and otherwise I have no thoughts.

5 Likes

Record storm surge snd rainfall means one helluva mess to clean up. At least Biden will respond well without caring about whether or not he received the state’s electoral votes. Hang in there FL.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the business that enabled them to live the life of affluence - his family’s business?
Now her ability to be a grand standing attention junkie may have to depend on her finding a new revenue stream!

1 Like

This sort of thing does happen, with flooding causing contamination from pig farms and such, and with climate change it’s going to be more common and severe and steps should already have been taken. But for now it’s people’s lives. I was always horrified by the stories of the camps for unemployed veterans on Islamorada going under a massive storm surge in the Labor Day hurricane of 1935. More than 400 dead. Or Galveston. And of course Katrina. I’ve fished in the Fort Myers area, tarpon fished in Boca Raton, actually, and spent a lovely couple of nights in an old-fashioned hotel on a little island called Matlacha between the mainland and the much larger Pine Island. It was the old Florida that you see in movies. Hate for them to be crouching under this, hoping they survive. Fished in Belize a while back and their stories about Mitch were bad. It’s bad. Hang in there indeed, folks.

3 Likes

Brett is a schmuck… a self absorbed jerk!

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. A good contrast with the concert clip, but I wish there had been a little more historical info on what that flute was.

1 Like

I’ve never been to Florida. Maybe if Charlie Crist gets elected.

Good night.

5 Likes

A Laurent glass flute is actually fairly robust. Don’t think of it like a Baccarat wine glass. It has thick walls around the bore to mimic the wooden flutes of the era to get the acoustics right. The embouchure needs a deep enough chimney depth, and so on. But yeah, one-handing it over a marble floor was maybe not smart.

3 Likes

In many ways I like it. The story is always more nuanced up close. When you drive around in the Keys, you see the colors of tropical water: emerald green in the shallows, sapphire where it deepens. That’s everywhere in the tropics, but to be in the United States and seeing that magic, it’s something. The people are different, more in tune with life on an elemental level, a lot like people who live in the mountains. It’s not a worthless place people should never go.

2 Likes

Yep what Josh says…
Because reasons…

They should at least try to stay together, for the sake of the Jewish Space Lasers.

5 Likes

You might appreciate the video at the top of this WaPo article more. It shows her playing longer sections in the library of Congress.(gift link)

ETA: the article gives a bit more detail about the flute itself

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available