DeSantis: A Lot Of ‘Foreigners’ On Ship | Talking Points Memo

How about Gitmo? Nice and isolated.

1 Like

Ya think maaaaaaybe that’s WHY the virus “struck?”

2 Likes

And your point?
(Full disclosure: my father was born there, which explains some things.)

Sorta OT:
“How many of you that sit and judge me
Ever walked the streets of Bakersfield?”

6 Likes

This from the asshole who ALREADY got THREE TIMES the Medical Supplies he requested from the Federal Gov.

While, NY, WA, CA, MI, and the “other” Democratic states get less than 10% of what they have requested.

Pure coincidence. Must be. Yep. /s

10 Likes

I just posted this song, too, though not this performance.

Great minds . . . and a great, great song.

2 Likes

Translation: “Foreigners” = anyone who didn’t vote for Trump and DeSantis.

2 Likes

I lived just east of Visalia for several years, and “We’ll always have Shafter.”

3 Likes

Because of COURSE he did. :roll_eyes:

This (racism coupled with malignant stupidity as modeled by DJT) is getting tiring, and the scary thing is that we’re only at the beginning of this crisis.

How many MORE people are gonna die because of this idiocy?

2 Likes

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-Mich.) is following the advice of public health experts.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) isn’t.

Yet somehow it’s Whitmer that President Donald Trump has attacked as the one who is “in over her head” and “doesn’t have a clue.”

11 Likes

This guy sounds like a total hypocrite. Keep the partying beaches open and ban the foreigners. Suck it up DeSantis and do what’s right.

3 Likes

Which is a division of Carnival Cruises

Bullshit. Florida is a tourist draw for millions of foreign tourists every year. Some of them get sick. But I guarantee you almost every non-American on that ship will board the first plane out of this country they are permitted to. Most countries have saner health care systems than the US.

Uhhh, no, most are from out of state and are now spreading their joy back in their hometowns. Check out the cell phone locations of the spring breakers one week later: https://twitter.com/tectonixgeo/status/1242628347034767361?s=21

7 Likes
8 Likes

I’m starting to think theres a pattern there or something. But I could be totally off base…:thinking:

4 Likes

We didn’t need a nuclear war to start a devolution where the apes became our masters. All we had to do, it seems, was say, “Well, I can’t vote for her.

16 Likes

“But yes, we view this as a big, big problem. We do not want to see people dumped in southern Florida right now.”

I suppose DeSantis could build a ghetto to hold them.

Be that as it may, it hardly justifies DeSantis’ derogatory language.

6 Likes

That’s amazing.

3 Likes

Couldn’t even wait for Easter like Trump was saying.

Of course, many of them could be violently ill, dying, or dead by then with this kind of ignorance.

3 Likes

i have no idea why the virus’struck’ Florida…

1 Like

Quite literally.

Because we create more stories while y’all are trying to dig up the old ones :wink:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available