DeSantis: A Lot Of ‘Foreigners’ On Ship | Talking Points Memo

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) took aim at “foreigners” on a COVID-19-infected cruise ship that is set to land in Fort Lauderdale, during a Monday morning interview on “Fox and Friends.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300429

You know what you get when you build your state’s economy around tourism?

Foreigners. :joy:

54 Likes

And the beat* goes on…

*racism

19 Likes

Florida does provide such attractive public figures - like this cheating POS thug and Rick “Skeletor” Scott.

7 Likes

Isn’t these cruise ship “foreigners” the kind of foreigners that Racist Covidiot Trump wants…the rich kind?

BTW Covidiot Trump Sycophant…
FL numbers are higher than the other RethugniCON state - TX
AND your elderly population is pretty high too…
So are you OK to KAG (Kill American Geriatric) for Wallstreet/Trump$$$?

10 Likes

"We do not want to see people dumped in southern Florida right now.”

But he is cool with this guy:

and this guy:

But New Yorkers? No way.

8 Likes

If you’re going to dig up each and every Florida Man story we’re going to be here forever!

18 Likes

Thanks FSM DeSantis wasn’t around for the landing of the Mayflower.

The Indigenous States of America would look much different.

4 Likes

Snowbirds and Floridians in “The Villages” usually hit the cruise ships after the Christmas and New Years parties “at home”…
I’m wondering if Covid wasn’t brought into Florida in January and February… ready to “share” with the Spring Breakers…

4 Likes

We’ll make you an offer, DeSantis. We’ll take those furriners off your hands if you take back the spring breakers you shipped to everytown USA from your unclosed beaches.

18 Likes

Very “Christian” of the Gov.

5 Likes

Foreigners are going to be the least of DeSantis’ problems.

23 Likes

DeSantis Gripes About ‘Foreigners’ On Infected Cruise Ship Set To Dock In FL

Asshole’s gonna asshole.

7 Likes

Just tell the gov they are there for spring break

he seems to be cool with that

10 Likes

“a lot” of these infected people are “foreigners.”

They’re from Bakersfield!!

13 Likes

i have no idea who is on that ship, but the ship was ‘loaded’ in the Argentine and was supposed to unload in Peru… it is a ‘holland’ lines ship…for once i agree with De Santis…Florida does not have the resources to deal with sick people from other countries, we gave 5, 000 cases now and probably more to come…the spring breakers were here before the virus struck…but at least most of them and their families pay taxes in the usa… it is way past time to stop being a do-gooder about this…the key word is survival…i know, i’m heartless.

DeSantis: “Can’t we let the americans disembark then send off the ship with everyone else? Maybe they can dock at Puerto Rico.”

2 Likes

we love FLORIDA MAN and FLORIDA WOMAN…

Hell no! They are from Fresno!

Bakersfield has culture.

6 Likes

Triage folks, triage.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available