Deripaska: Enjoy My Abandoned Houses! | Talking Points Memo

Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska responded Wednesday morning to the FBI searches that took places at properties linked to him in Washington D.C. and New York City, saying that he hoped federal agents enjoyed rotten jars of jam and bottles of vodka left behind in the “abandoned houses.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1391404
1 Like

21 Likes

Deripaska is a colossal douchebag.

24 Likes

Well, ain’t he the surly bloke.

Interestingly, one cannot discern the difference between his rhetoric, and TFG’s.

Besides the fact that his is coherent, decipherable, and half-witty.

23 Likes

Yes, yes, the FBI will enjoy your abandoned house. Enjoy the scrutiny.

17 Likes

Interesting response. I do wonder what they found…

8 Likes

Deripaska addressed the searches in a Wednesday message posted to his Telegram channel, saying “observing everything that’s taking place in America, I don’t stop being surprised at the transcendental stupidity of a segment of the American establishment.”

Why on earth is deripaska drawing attention to these searches and by proxy, his own role in election fixing?

22 Likes

He’s a feisty one!

2 Likes

4 Likes

You have to see the first “Equalizer” movie. Very satisfying. These Russian mobsters insult the protagonist, Robert McCall, in just this vulgar, boastful way. He’s trying to protect this young woman who has nobody else to help her and what they don’t know is he’s this incredible U.S. government super-assassin killing machine in self-imposed retirement because his late wife asked him not to kill people so much. But he makes exceptions and when they turn down his offer to buy the young woman’s freedom from their prostitution ring he wearily decides he has no other option and 28 seconds later like eight guys are dead, killed with their own weapons. Then he kneels and calmly tells the leader what’s happening to his body as it shuts down and says, “You should have taken the money.” I doubt there’s anybody quite like that in real life but I do think Deripaska ought to be more concerned than he pretends to be.

24 Likes

Bluff and bluster.

14 Likes

Jam. Spoiled jars of jam.

definitely not vodka

5 Likes

Jimmy Breslin said in a novel he wrote that American mobsters tend to imitate the image they see in movies. I suspect the Russian ones are the same way. There’s no practical advantage to insulting the entire government in general and the IC in particular. It makes for fun movie dialogue but in real life, I dunno.

23 Likes

Perhaps it plays well with his associates.

6 Likes

Introducing the fucton a new unit of corruption finance.

12 Likes

Oh, I’m sure. Hey fellas! Watch me poke this tiger! The thing is, you think you’re invulnerable, until you find out what tigers can do.

6 Likes

Enjoy My Abandoned Houses!

I wonder if that extends to the public. I could use a place to stay for a few days.

14 Likes

I’ve already claimed the DC residence under squatter’s rights.

15 Likes

I will bet anything that this dickhead will not set foot on American soil again. We will take his houses and his money and stuff his insolence up his ass.

8 Likes

Spoken like a true oligarch who invested in aluminum in KY after McConnell quashed sanctions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-a-mcconnell-backed-effort-to-lift-russian-sanctions-boosted-a-kentucky-project/2019/08/13/72b26e00-b97c-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available