Deripaska: Enjoy My Abandoned Houses! | Talking Points Memo

Deripaska addressed the searches in a Wednesday message posted to his Telegram channel, saying “observing everything that’s taking place in America, I don’t stop being surprised at the transcendental stupidity of a segment of the American establishment.”

As soon as I read that, I immediately wondered why such a man of letters and sophistication would even want to live in a country like this, that he has so much disdain for.

Maybe it’s the lack of Polonium use, maybe it’s the fact that, in this country, he’s even allowed to own multiple residences.

Can the FBI put this colossal sh*tbag on a one way trip back to mother Russia, PLEASE???

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure deripaska will never visit a country where we can get away with a drone strike assassination.

5 Likes

He’s performing for an audience of one: Putin.

15 Likes

Fixing elections with Manafort sending polling data.

5 Likes

I don’t think putin likes noisy oligarchs.

7 Likes

Why ya hatin’ on colossal douchebags this way?

5 Likes

I watched the film with Denzel as the Equalizer…great scene

2 Likes

That beater, (I guess he is), needs to hire Sydney Powell… that tiger attack was totally unfair: the tiger issued no warnings, at all, and then it jumped much higher than a tiger ought to be able to jump. Totally unfair! Fake News. Sad!

9 Likes

Yes, and confronted with this cocky display of defiance, Republican women breathlessly sigh at this manly hunk of manliness.

Republican men shift a bit in their seats at their own swelling manliness.

And Charlie Kirk resolves to gamble a stamp and unlock the secrets of this audacious specimen and leave the life of a 97-pound weakling.

Together they swoon.

5 Likes

Deripaska is acting like a lawyer; when you have nothing you pound the table.

9 Likes

Yeah. I don’t think saying “Nyah…Nyah…” to the IC folks is particularly smart. Ballsy, maybe, stupid definitely.

6 Likes

Doesn’t oligarch translate to douchebag?

7 Likes

I was at the first Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev fight in Las Vegas. We sat in front of two Russian jokers who were pretty damn mouthy. In the early rounds, Ward was feeling Kovalev out, trying to steer clear of some powerful punches, but still getting rocked a couple of times.

Ward is of course an Olympic gold medalist, and during these early rounds the two Russians behind us were giggling and kept saying “Oleempic cheecken!”

One of the most satisfying moments of my sporting life was when Ward figured Kovalev out around the fifth round. Kovalev had punched himself out trying for the early KO, and Ward just started using his superior boxing skills, taking the fight to Kovalev and dominating him.

The two Russians behind us shut their cocky yaps, and eventually they left during the eighth round.

Skill beats bluster, and smarts can outwit raw dumb power. Deripaska best take a lesson from Andre Ward and keep his mouth shut, lest he find an American FBI fist in it soon. Just ask Sergey Kovalev.

22 Likes

Indeed. He could just shut up and let this embarrassing episode pass by without comment, but instead he protesteth too much.

Must be a bit nervous.

5 Likes

Brevity being the essence of top-level trolling, this is an amateurish fail; he’s off the Russian trolling team.

5 Likes

This is a Russian mobster . these guys would lie that they’re drinking tea when they’re drinking coffee. :expressionless:

5 Likes

That didn’t even occur to me—I was thinking not so much taking his life as making it difficult. Make a guy worry and fret and what use is his $18 billion?

9 Likes

There are so many people who claim to be virtuous who enjoy the benefits of sleazy people like Deripaska. It wasn’t until the coming of Trump that rubes like me realized the depth and width of the damage these baby oligarchs have done to the U.S. But the banks, the real estate brokers, the developers, the politicians, and the lawyers all bask in the largess of these crooks while claiming that they are real honest professionals serving people with a somewhat shady past. Too bad the migrants at the border aren’t millionaires, They would all be living in fancy Florida condos by now–maybe even The Lakes or The Villages. (if their skin isn’t too dark).

8 Likes

Thought the Ruskie was forbidden from owning property in the US of A. These properties were reportedly registered to relatives of Deripaska, but now he’s claiming ownership.

Fuck up much, Oleg?

6 Likes

Really unfair. In the version of the game they were playing, the rule is you’re safe on an elephant. The tiger was clearly thinking otherwise. Also materializing out of the grass from about 20 feet away? That’s treason. Absolutely textbook treason.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available