Dems Van Hollen And Fetterman Released From Hospital After Suffering Strokes

I suspect the Deep Vein conspiracy.

6 Likes

Plus others but only for ischemic strokes. I think the NM Senator had a brain bleed.

2 Likes

Know watchca mean. Have an in-law with vascular dementia from multiple, small bleed type strokes

2 Likes

I suspect Van Holen and Fetterman have been replaced by demonic clones!

ETA - But, if I lived in PA, I’d still vote for them over the GOP candidates. Better the demonic clones you know, as the saying goes.

10 Likes

He fell and caught himself with his hands. That, to me, was pretty obvious from the bruising. So what he was covering is the cause of the fall. Or falls. He also injured his shoulder in a fall, and even took a tumble on stage at one point.

Could simply be his age. You get old, you start falling. Or lots do. But if it was something else, something a bit more dire, silence.

Of course, to Republicans any sign of weakness – including age – is a terrible thing, something to be scorned and laughed at. Like they do Biden. What they do to others is the reason why they hide their own failings.

9 Likes

Concur.

I think Rick Wilson overestimates the effectiveness of the chaotic Republican-led ‘hearings’. If you watch any one of them live, they are a disjointed mess of tantruming adults. The Dem 2nd Trump impeachment was far better organized and effective (the Jan 6th committee even existing is proof of that).

Congressional GOP ‘hearings’ would only be an ugly footnote if they didn’t have a rightwing media ecosystem dedicated to echoing soundbites and clips.

5 Likes

And thanks to the masterful leadership of Qevin MqQarthy, there won’t be any disjointed tantruming adults in the hearing room.

17 Likes

FTFY. It’s going to be non-stop the next 2 years.

People can and will DVR 12 hours to watch, re-watch and binge-watch.

4 Likes

So Democratic senators Chris Van Hollen, Ben Ray Luján, and Sherrod Brown – along with Democratic senate nominee John Fetterman – all suffer strokes in recent days, but this shambling mound of KFC moobs and sofa-sized lovehandles still walks among us:

At this point, Karma’s just phoning it in…

22 Likes

OTOH, she did give us Ron Paul’s one live… Now do Rand.

5 Likes

McCarthy’s decision has always stood as a breathtaking act of political malpractice and incompetence.

One of the most shocking aspects of this decision is that it was made by people who were judged to be the most capable and sophisticated senior leaders in the party. Sic transit Gloria.

10 Likes

I think it very likely that, with his age, weight and general lack of a healthy lifestyle, has probably suffered a stroke, heart attack or equivalent.

He just pays scam doctors to give him a ‘clean bill of health’ publicly, while having the real, competent doctors treat him privately. Let’s not forgot that Trump had a habit of making ‘unplanned’ trips to Walter Reed:

7 Likes

Wow. Great video for training purposes. And karma.

2 Likes

Totally agree. At first, I thought he was suggesting that six was too many because my first thought was that six was more than I expected. I think Rick is wrong about this. I don’t see the American people paying attention beyond six, two-hour hearings. While I’m sure he’s right that the GOP would turn this into months of neverending hearings, I think what he misses is that while that may work with the GOP’s sadistic base who revel in seeing those they dislike endlessly hammered with bullshit, it generally doesn’t work with everyone else. Normal people can only watch so much of that shit until they turn away in disgust.

Beyond that, Americans have the attention span of a gnat. The trick here is to paint the full picture of what all went down, to do it quickly, and to do all that while keeping the audience riveted enough to keep coming back for more. There’s a reason most seasons of popular cable/streaming TV shows are only between 10-13, 1-hour episodes. People lose interest after that.

Right?! That’s a good thing. Republicans always manage to go way overboard with this shit. Remember how they behaved during KBJ’s confirmation hearings? At the end of the thing, Ben Sasse was calling them jackasses to their face and KBJ enjoyed much more support than she did going in.

14 Likes

You’ve got more faith than I do. Sure, I’ll probably gobble up every second, as will many folks here.

Expect the “average” person will be getting two or three 20-30-second clips dropped in a newscast, or going viral on the intertubes.

5 Likes

Well, just look at the competition - Bobo the clown, card trading game, Nunes…

1 Like

Yes, and Fox News will be lit :fire:

2 Likes

Stephanie Grisham stated in her book that the mysterious 2019 Walter Reed visit was for a colonoscopy. He wanted to keep it on the DL because he didn’t want to hand the keys over to Mike Pence.

4 Likes

Yep, and that part continues to be shocking. They don’t even have anyone in the room to tell them what to expect. They can’t prepare rebuttals or talking points other than to just deny, deny, deny. Even that won’t be easy because they don’t yet know what they can even get away with denying. They don’t know what is and isn’t on video or audio. They’re flying completely blind.

I really don’t. I’m just saying that even those who are politically engaged enough to tune in probably wouldn’t make it past more than six primetime hearings.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available