Dems Announce Two Articles Of Impeachment: Abuse Of Power And Obstruction | Talking Points Memo

Part of me really wants to see the House hold off on sending the Articles to the Senate. It’ll drive Dotard crazy, keeping him from his complete McConnell exoneration.

27 Likes

“And when he was caught…"

This must be repeated ad infinitum, ala “No collusion, no obstruction”

19 Likes

Ahem.

6 Likes

Barr still has too much of the Mueller Report under wraps. The Ukraine shiite is mostly out in the open with more being exposed just about daily.

14 Likes

And Democrats just normalized the vast majority of his bad behavior. It’s almost as of they are deliberately throwing the game…

1 Like

Did you watch/listen to Nadler and Schiff? The core message was all about the timing, that things can’t wait, because he’s going to do it again. They’ll have this out by the end of next week.

41 Likes

You are, and I’m not trying to put too fine a point on it, being fucking absurd.

51 Likes

Looking forward to the coming irrelevance of the galactically stupid House GOP enabler shenanigans. Now we can move on to the willfully ignorant Senate GOP enabler shenanigans.

11 Likes

For sure. That was a truly weird aspect of this long Russian interference shitstorm.

15 Likes

No limit on how many or how often. This was the opening salvo.

15 Likes

WTF are you smoking/drinking, and did you bring enough to share with the whole class?

35 Likes

Well done, Dems. Laid out in thoughtful, honest, non-hysterical words.
I’m not going to listen to anything the Rethugs have to say about anything if I can help it. It is damaging.

11 Likes

Thanks – I needed this!!

3 Likes

I will backtrack slightly from my initial comment in one sense: I think perhaps Democrats should have specifically named bribery in the articles of impeachment. I think this word cuts deep in the American psyche, and would wound Trump’s pride specifically. He would not be able to stop using the word. Trump, bribery, bribery, Trump, bribery bigly.

But perhaps this would give Republicans another bad-faith avenue to nitpick procedure and technicality. I dunno. I think Pelosi and Schiff have played this game a lot better than I would.

29 Likes

Hence the “part of me”. I’m not sure how sending it to the Senate quickly stops Trump from “doing it again”? Unless, a miracle happens, Donnie gets a free pass from MoscowMitch.

4 Likes

Great Post. And not in the least trollish. The GOP is good at (a) circling the Wagons and (b) lying with a skill unmatched in Western Civilization.

They are not as “strong” as they would like everyone to think.

10 Likes

Nothing stops him doing it again, unless the Senate gets on board.

And nothing stops Schiff and Nadler from writing up another set of articles of impeachment, either.

The constitution doesn’t place a limit on how many times you can impeach a president.

37 Likes

I think Mitch has is hands full on this one. They have to defend the indefensible and make it believable. all mitch wants is to stay in his power position. At home and in the Senate. He has a lot piling up against him and he sees it mostly in Kentucky.
He is only thinking which way will the voters turn at the next election.
I’m betting he will protect himself and his majority before trump.
Once the first rat jumps, there all going swimming except for a handful looking for a future job with Trump INC.

21 Likes

Indeed. Many eye rolls were employed after reading that.

3 Likes

My thought as well.

Are multiple counts of each article possible?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available