Dems Announce Two Articles Of Impeachment: Abuse Of Power And Obstruction | Talking Points Memo

Editor & Publisher:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267487
1 Like

Shots fired. (Metaphorically.)

24 Likes

Only Two?:disappointed:

14 Likes

Only the start of what will undoubtedly be more.

Major Tweetstorm anticipated.

27 Likes

Well done. Because Trump and his team are criminals, they know there will be more things to come down the line.

Let their fundamental Evil make them agonize.

33 Likes

For now.

There will be more as the investigations continue.

And when/if the courts find that the tax returns must be released, stay tuned for a whole lot more.

The story yesterday of Steele and Ivanka should be more deeply investigated too.

36 Likes

I wish this would result in Trump being removed from office, but I know better.

16 Likes

96 Likes

They could have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at him. Glad they did not. House took testimony on Ukraine, not on emoluments or the 2016 election.

Should they have included Mueller’s conclusions about Trump’s obstruction of his inquiry? I wish they had, but I trust the instincts of Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler.

40 Likes

Trump could tweet this! Wonder how soon Ivanka “wants to spend more time with her children” and leaves the wh.

4 Likes

You’re in incredibly good company. On all counts.

4 Likes

First rule
K.I.S.S.
Republicans can’t deny the facts…
Well they will , but less complicated is better

44 Likes

Good of Trump to give us options, tho.

11 Likes

This is smart: Pelosi wants to protect her vulnerable members. Start small and let everyone sit with that before more (I hope).

27 Likes

I am going to take the somewhat trollish position that it doesn’t really matter what specifically Trump is impeached over, because the purpose is to force Republican members of Congress to defend and approve his grotesque conduct.

Attempting to be even remotely comprehensive is, for all intents and purposes, impossible when the bad actor does not attempt to cloak his behavior in anything like good faith, and perhaps cannot even understand the concept of good faith as you or I do. He betrays his oath of office with every waking breath.

We don’t need to chant Mueller Mueller Mueller three dozen times in order to constrain the behavior of future Presidents. Either Donald Trump will be a horrific aberration in our national history, or he won’t be.

72 Likes

That sent a shudder through me. Scary but true.

6 Likes

No matter. In the public mind, the Mueller stuff and the Ukraine stuff are all mashed together. (In real life too.)

16 Likes

Pelosi rules. Keep scofflaw Trump and his GOP enablers on skates.

8 Likes

Well, actually, I think yes. The fundamental behavior is appropriating powers legally and conditionally entrusted to his office as belonging absolutely and completely to his person. All else flows from this core crime.

21 Likes

Trump is not replicable. He’s a sport, a one-off freak, singularly able to embody all the nasty of the GOP and mindlessly revel in it. He’s the Secretariat of the Republican Dark side. They don’t have another.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available