Dems Announce Two Articles Of Impeachment: Abuse Of Power And Obstruction | Talking Points Memo

Probably the same way fascists always have to be dealt with, sadly.

1 Like

I am pleased with the narrow focus of the impeachment. By making Republicans defend the indefensible, they minimize Republican efforts to muddy the waters. This strategy also maximizes the ability to convince any undecided voters that Trump really did something very wrong.

In an article by Jennifer Rubin today, I consider the following argument to be very powerful:

> “If Trump is allowed to corrupt an election, the argument for letting the voters decide his fate falls flat. A corrupted election cannot be the only check on the man who corrupted it.”

5 Likes

One would think Jared is interested in the Steele angle fer sure

As Yoda once said “There is another.”

Her name is Ivanka.

I don’t know what it will entail – it might have some tax crime implications. It might be useful to find some connections he has. But, the idea it will promise impeachment is to be rather hopeful. Lot of things are good to get w/o being some gigantic gotcha of that breadth.

On the day that Articles of Impeachment are handed down Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov meets with trump in the Oval Office. trump proceeded to tell Mr. Lavrov that the Russians should not interfere in our upcoming elections. I am sure they then had a fine chuckle over it.
Edit
If I misspelled anything please blame this tablet and It’s spell check set up… I hate it.

2 Likes

No, she doesn’t have Trump’s endurance. He can be an unrepentant asshole in public without a care longer than anyone alive.

Baked.

Seriously. Kid has a tasty buzz going, regardless of level of sleep deprivation. Might not be weed, but he’s got something going on.

I did not realize it could be free-based.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for that first national ad, with all those soundbites stitched together, then juxtaposed with “The same time the Russians hacked the DNC, they hacked the RNC too. But we haven’t heard anything about that … I wonder why the GOP changed their minds about Trump.”

1 Like

True story - at a family wedding in the 80s, an aunt and a college (60s) friend during the service, when the Catholic priest said, “God bless John Paul …” They audibly murmured “…George and Ringo.”

3 Likes

Biggest question in my mind - have US military personnel begun deploying to KSA, as POTUS said would be done?

Seems to me that had some unintended serious negative reactions back in the day.

And when every single one claims to have voted to acquit? I mean, do you really believe they won’t lie about it without hesitation?

Except in cases of impeachment.

Yeah, yeah - that doesn’t apply to this situation, yada yada.

Prove it - it’s never been ajudicated, akin to Congressional subpoenas in that regard.

So, fuck 'em.
Prove it. In District Court.
And Appellate Court.
And beyond!
And then, it’s “well, he’s not President anymore so it doesn’t count.”
And back to District Court, and beyond!

Sure is apparent that trump doesn’t care about awkward optics…
On the same day

Articles of Impeachment are released.

trump meets in the Oval Office with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov for the second time. Ladt time he blabbered about highly classified stuff cuz he’s president.

Ukrainian President Zelenski is still waiting for his first meeting. Would be nice since we are supposedly allies against Russia.

1 Like

Apparently speed is of the essence. Democrats want to get trump impeached and tried and removed. But… Clinton’s impeachment process took just two months. By the time the House votes in this current process we will have been at it for 3 months.
Edit
By choosing obstruction of Congress as one of the charges it puts the GOP senators on the spot. Will they be a trump slave at the expense of the power of their chamber? Congress critters are rather jealous of the powers the Constitution grants them. Will they fritter it away?

1 Like

And they did this how? Exactly, please…

There, fixed it!

Sadly, we probably can’t. I’m not saying they will be able to hide their actions, but they won’t care. They hold the power and their attitude will be ‘make me’.

THAT is the problem we will face if we win. If we lose we are truly fucked

1 Like

I won’t speak for the other lemmings, but I watched Schiff, and I watched Jerry. I supppose you are correct that if Jerry had more power he would use it. I am of a mind to give Speaker Pelosi the benefit of the doubt.
I could be wrong, but Nasty Nancy is the only Speaker we got, or were gonna get. You sound like you want more then Nancy felt was possible or even more then what was needed.
I was glad Nancy waited. Now their “impeached from day one” noise is jsut silly.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available