‘Democrats Worry’ Is The New ‘Democrats In Disarray’

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

“Democrats in disarray” became such a staple of political journalism for a while that it eventually became a meme and enough of a source of ridicule that reporters began to become self-conscious about trotting out the stale plot device.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1447270
1 Like

First. When I am scrolling through news aggregator sites like Yahoo and see “Dems Worry…” articles, I scroll right past them.

Thanks for not leading off with the Chinese Balloon or SOTU.

Has there been something in TPM about the vote to change the primary calendar that I missed?

32 Likes

Reaching for Frist… didn’t make it

59 Likes

“Democrats worry …”

Showing concern isn’t a bad thing, it beats the hell out of the mindless blustering the R party excels in.

32 Likes

It was a very slow death……

40 Likes

Re: the balloon

1 ) China should give their state security head a raise, because they got their money’s worth.

2 )

18 Likes
65 Likes
28 Likes

Trump changes his tune about Chinese spy balloon — now claims he would have made ‘the greatest deal EVER’ (msn.com)

23 Likes
29 Likes

It just seems childish AF.

37 Likes

Wonder if Trump is having a campaign rally the night of the SOTU? He’s not above doing it.

12 Likes

A reminder (Pence is on record that the balloon matter never happened on Trump’s watch.):

25 Likes

shrug, heres to him.

2 Likes

Another Pleasant Valley Monday…

8 Likes

There are supposed to be hearings.

2 Likes

Perhaps we can replace “Democrats worry,” with “Republicans whine.”

35 Likes

Sorry, I Have No Opinion On The Balloon

'If you came here for balloon coverage, I’m sorry to disappoint".
… … … … …

Too bad we can’t say that about Santos/Devolder

16 Likes

Haven’t seen it…

Maybe we don’t like advertising stripping democrats of delegates because they have a Republican governor?

1 Like

Until that balloon bubbled up the media had to go out and find news to report. Scary.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available