Democrats Pulled Off A Successful Convention Despite Themselves

Originally published at: Democrats Pulled Off A Successful Convention Despite Themselves

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. That’s A Wrap What remains most striking about this week’s Democratic convention is that they pulled it off despite switching presumptive nominees four weeks before it started. By any measure, it was a competent and…

5 Likes

Still floating on last night’s…heck the last four days!!

the Democratic Party is run like a church bake sale committee

TASTY!! Sorry…I don’t have a cat cake pic, but these are cakes baked for our island’s pet rescue fundraiser. So…cat adjacent.

102 Likes

A big THANK YOU to the DNC for getting the Vice President’s speech started around 10:30 ET.

62 Likes

Morning WTF DC.

54 Likes

Also, here’s some puPPy.

70 Likes

Great week in Chicago with the DNC as we try to make a move away from this most awful timeline. Lots of happiness, joy, and optimism. Also lots of hard work ahead in a short time. So remember…

vote stomp trump

72 Likes

The sign of donnie’s apocalypse.

• Georgia On His Mind: Groveling Trump crawls back to Gov. Brian Kemp (R).
56 Likes

120 Likes

HAHA quote from TPM wire story on the late queen and trump.

“Over the course of her reign, Her Majesty entertained many controversial foreign leaders, including Bashar al-Assad, Robert Mugabe, Idi Amin, Donald Trump, Emperor Hirohito and Vladimir Putin,” Brown wrote.

89 Likes

I’m so pumped to vote for Comma La, gave my third (small) donation this morning.

74 Likes

83 Likes

I’ve played on lots of teams. You know what the players call assistant coaches? “Coach.” You know what head coaches call assistant coaches? “Coach.”

113 Likes

The Heritage Freaks are trying to stuff Project 2025 down the memory hole but Democrats won’t let them. It’s been a feature each night of the DNC. Kamala Harris featured it in her acceptance speech, describing some of the darker aspects of the plan (actually, all aspects of the plan are dark), which is obviously Trump’s priority to enact if elected. And Trump is still ridiculously claiming he knows nothing about it, including right after Kamala’s acceptance speech last night.

So how is Heritage both trying to bury Project 2025, and at the same time ensuring Trump stays on track with their fascist plans and is ready to enact them on Day 1? I can only imagine:

‐-----------------------------------------

Lackey: Sir, the Democrats keep bringing up Project 2025, even though you said you have nothing to do with it.

Trump: I have nothing to do with it. Nothing. Never heard of - what did you call it? Project Twenty Jackson Five? And that’s definitely not me narrating the audio book.

Lackey: Sir, who or what is that standing next to you?

Trump: That’s my new robot. It just showed up one day. Just knocked on my door. Said it’s name is P-20-25. He’s been teaching me lots of things to do when I get back in the White House. He’s really smart. Been helping me with my golf game too. And he pointed out perfect burial plots on my golf courses. Though I’m not sure why I need so many.

P-20-25: Happy to be of service, Donyold.

Lackey: Sir, may I ask what it’s been teaching you?

Trump: Some great things. Really great. Like, he says I should push family values…on others. And outlaw abortion, though I thought my 6 great justices already did that. I mean, isn’t that what Harlan’s paying them for? And he says don’t get rid of the Department of Education. Don’t get rid of it, just add 2 letters and it’s the Department of ReEducation. Brilliant little robot. P-20-25 volunteered to be its first Secretary. Says he’ll build some beautiful camps.

P-20-25: (says something garbled)…

Lackey: Sir, did the robot just speak Russian?

Trump: That happens sometimes, usually when we’re talking about how to kill NATO or deal with those dogs in Ukraine. And that Russian voice sounds just like Dad. Did I say Dad, I meant Vlad. You know, Vlad has a nice place in Venice-zoo-ayla. He says I can retire there with him someday. If I promise to keep his boots shined.

P-20-25: You’re an excellent student, Donyold. Here, have a Coke

53 Likes

Hell. Yeah. Fired Up!

She knocked it out of the park, best statement I’ve seen in like forever from a Dem on having our Allies’ backs, staring down our enemies, and maintaining the most lethal military on the planet in order to do so.

Been far too long that we’ve “ceded” National Security to the other side, guess a prosecutor who knows all about the use of uniformed forces and taking down criminals provides just the right sort of experience which translates right over.

119 Likes

A question. Isn’t RFKjr already on some ballots?

Judt because he drops out and endorses donnie, doesn’t mean all those who would have voted for the worm WILL. Couldn’t his name on the ballot keep some votes from donnie.

26 Likes

39 Likes
47 Likes

It’s interesting watching TFG and his minions trying to understand the concept of joy. It’s totally foreign to them that anyone could find joy in anything that doesn’t cause pain to someone else.

70 Likes

Tucker Carlson and Donald Trump Jr. lobbied RFK Jr. to drop out and endorse Trump . . .

. . . in the vain hope of getting back a dozen of the hundreds of thousands of votes they threw away by convincing Trump to pick JD Vance as his running mate.

36 Likes

57 Likes