Dem Guvs Jump At Chance To Counter DeSantis’ Ban On African American Studies

Apparently ignorant of Ellis Island.

4 Likes

Because they said “gay.”

5 Likes

He looks like Baby Face Nelson…

Now he’s mad…

1 Like

Somebody said DeSantis wears gay knickers…?

I believe it.

3 Likes

Edited for completeness

8 Likes

11 Likes

What DeSantis is doing here deprives black students of the opportunity to learn about the history that defines their existence in this country. It does harm to these kids as a result.
How does he get to say the course lacks educational value if professional educators believe that it does? He should be forced to take the course himself, he is an extremely ignorant man. Harvard, we are not impressed.

22 Likes

That meme is certainly out there

17 Likes

I cannot wait to see him fall on his fat face when his vaunted presidential campaign goes absolutely nowhere.

16 Likes

Here, get a jump on TPM’s lead in tomorrow’s Morning Memo. :smirk:

11 Likes

That’s another issue, and you aren’t wrong.
When we lived in Iowa, there were no AP classes. They were Honors classes, and they were harder than most of the courses my daughter took in college.
After a Masters from MIT, she’s doing just fine.

14 Likes

The FEC is toothless, isn’t it? Good.

3 Likes

Yup. The DoJ can cause him some discomfort.

ETA: New York Attorney General Letitia James (D), Nassau County District Attorney Anne T. Donnelly (R) and Queens County District Attorney Melinda Katz (D) all said they were looking into whether Santos broke any laws in their jurisdictions.

11 Likes

FWIW, MY version of a Zen koan is to ask which is the more useless organization: the FEC or Log Cabin Republican’ts. (Discuss…?)

Some places give you more credit for taking an AP class than a regular version of the same class. So an A in the regular version would be counted as a 4.0 but an A in the AP version would count for a 5.0. This can, and has, resulted in students with a greater than 4.0 average which looks very fancy. They call this the “weighted gpa”. Our district doesn’t do it but I know that others do.

6 Likes

deleted because redundant

1 Like

You have to admire DeSantis’ wily ploy. Attracting just the type of person that he endorses to his state by creating a wonderland of shared viewpoints. There are some down points. Imagine depending on a demographic who can only qualify for term life insurance through AARP.

8 Likes

DeSantis exposes the con by opposing teaching black history. Even anti-Beyonce:

Governor DeSantis rejected the proposed course through a letter to the College Board from the Florida Department of Education’s (FDOE) Office of Articulation on January 12. The pilot course would have surveyed Black American history “from the medieval kingdoms of West Africa to the ongoing challenges and achievements of the contemporary moment,” according to its coursework, featuring works from Black scholars, authors and artists such as Kimberle Crenshaw, Angela Davis, bell hooks and even Beyonce.

Tell me again why people keep saying he’s a Republican frontrunner? He’s more like Dukakis meets Dan Quayle in terms of political skills.

9 Likes

The right wing will write of the criticisms by deflecting to crime statistics in CA and IL. Not relevant to the argument of course, but there is no defense for InSantis’ standing on this issue.

4 Likes

How?

Because he is the overlord and knows everything about anything.

It is him pandering to the fears of his idiot minions who are afraid to walk out their front doors.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available