Deep In A Hole, Rudy Giuliani Just Keeps On Digging

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1475777
1 Like

First. Please proceed House GOP.

41 Likes

CNN: Former Mar-a-Lago employee-turned-witness repeatedly contacted by Trump and associates before documents charges

Hey, witness tampering just like the mafia. At least he didn’t threaten him with cement shoes…as far as I know.

38 Likes

O/T Elmo is going to have a bad day.

46 Likes

30 Likes

Hey guys, hey guys! Trump is selling those really cool NFT things again! “Mug Shot Edition.” These are extra cool 'cause you also get a piece of the suit he was wearing!

21 Likes

If Mr. Schwartz could not do so within a week, Judge Furman said, the lawyer would have to produce a sworn declaration and a thorough explanation of “how the motion came to cite cases that do not exist and what role, if any, Mr. Cohen played in drafting or reviewing the motion before it was filed.”

This isn’t good. Very Trumpian in its cynicism. It shows Cohen may have left Trump, but he still has the same character that led him there in the first place, assuming he bears some responsibility in this matter.

20 Likes

Giuliani so poor, he can’t even afford to pay attention.
He so poor, his piggy bank has an overdraft.
He so broke, his two cents are on a layaway plan.
He so poor for cash, his wallet has an echo.
He so broke, his piggy bank is more of a piggy jar.
He so broke, his imaginary friend applied for a loan and got denied.

Thank you, I’ll be here all week.

79 Likes

The Giuliani situation - I used to think it was sad to see him so unhinged. Now I think he’s getting what he deserves, and all his money needs to go to the election officials he continues to defame. That dude is the worst.

62 Likes

Presumably, someone has known about this for some time. Where are additional charges?

14 Likes
23 Likes
11 Likes

Oh. One devil has the other Devil’s back.

[>

Ron Filipkowski
](https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski)

@RonFilipkowski

This is correct. The MAGA supporters all worked up about the Satanic Temple display in the Iowa Capitol can blame Donald Trump for it. His Admin gave them tax-exempt status as a religion.

41 Likes

Giuliani does realize Trump can’t just pardon him and make these civil cases go away, right? WTF does he think he’s doing? Maybe he figures he’s broke anyway, has no intention of ever paying a single dime to the plaintiffs, so, you know, YOLO, might as well just go down in a blaze of glory and contempt-of-court charges.

34 Likes

“Former Trump fixer Michael Cohen’s attorney cited three non-existent cases in a motion seeking to end Cohen’s post-conviction court supervision, according to the judge:”

Someone’s been playing with ChatGPT. Stupid.

44 Likes

The question is whether he’ll choose consistency or sycophancy.

30 Likes

Biden speaking to the Texas Supreme Court’s radical and inhumane decision.

[>

](https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1)

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

New statement from President Biden: "No woman should be forced to go to court or flee her home state just to receive the health care she needs. But that is exactly what happened in Texas thanks to Republican elected officials, and it is simply outrageous. This should never happen in America, period. "Legal and medical chaos, as we are witnessing in states like Texas, Kentucky and Arizona, is a direct result of Roe v. Wade being overturned, and as we predicted would happen, women’s health and lives now hang in the balance. Republican elected officials have imposed dangerous abortion bans that jeopardize women’s health, force them to travel out of state for care, and threaten to criminalize doctors. Their agenda is extreme and out-of-step with the vast majority of Americans. “The Vice President and I will continue to fight to protect access to reproductive health care and to urge Congress to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade now so that women in every state have the right to make their own health care decisions.”

89 Likes
39 Likes

Yeah, that was 25 years ago. Kavanaugh might easily use the “I’ve changed my mind” argument, or any other sort of cognitive Jiu-jitsu to come down on Orange Voldemort’s side. My bet: if the court takes this up, Kavanaugh votes in favor of Presidential immunity - with a caveat in the opinion that states it only applies to this individual case, not to be taken as a future-changing precedent.

17 Likes

Of course, Brett Kavanaugh has evolved quite a bit since. And then there is dualistic nature of SCOTUS thoughts. And last but not least those free luxury vacations that aren’t bribes at all.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available