De Blasio Says Fed Govt ‘Not Responding’ To Supply Requests As Coronavirus Cases Skyrocket

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio put the federal government on blast Friday morning for failing to respond to the ballooning number of COVID-19 cases in his city.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1298613

“I don’t take responsibility at all”

Addendum:

“We are not a shipping clerk”

You got it right Mr.-Do-Nothing-in-Chief…you are the president of the U.S.A., NOT the Trump Org. shipping clerk! DO YOUR JOB as POTUS, otherwise, RESIGN!

31 Likes

Everybody hates Bill de Blasio. Everyone knows that. Everyone agrees.

4 Likes

You’ll get your supplies once Kushners brother can profiteer off it and no sooner.

31 Likes

Don’t worry. They’ll trickle down.

9 Likes

The “Kushner Kut”?

6 Likes

As the Don says - “Nice city you had there. Too bad something had to happen to it after it voted for Hillary.”

13 Likes

When asked yesterday about when PPE supplies would be available trump passed the answer off to Pence and Pence said they were available now.

9 Likes

I really hope that the general public is seeing this incompetence for what it is: a total failure of the Trump administration, but I fear that its not being presented that way on the mainstream news.

12 Likes

So. We have a Potemkin Village of a response thus far. This, combined with the NYT reporting this morning (via CNN) that the Labor Department has asked individual states not to report precise unemployment numbers until the US government reports its aggregate numbers in a couple of weeks but use generalities instead . . . yep: not exactly helpful in instilling confidence and trust in the government.

I’m reminded of a post or two Josh Marshall wrote during the 2016 campaign whose argument was basically that, based on all available public evidence and some inferences, Trump creates the illusion that he is much wealthier than he actually is, and he gets very testy when called out on it. I think it’s safe to conclude, especially over the past month, that that’s his approach to presidenting, too.

23 Likes

Just more evidence for the inevitable tribunals.

14 Likes

Actually, shipping clerks probably have more common sense.

26 Likes

I heard the Mayor speak this morning. I was surprised how caustic his comments were but on reflection I can only imagine his impatience with the federal administration.

16 Likes

Ya gotta love that Jeff Bezos is a far more capable shipping clerk than Trumpy…

13 Likes

This would be cool. Wonder of Governor gets to name his replacement?

10 Likes

This Politico article @hagarwood linked to above is pretty good background for that caustic tone:

5 Likes

The majority of Americans were swooning over Mayor Giuliani in the early days after 9/11.

8 Likes

That won’t last long.

10 Likes

These Americans approving of Trump’s handling of the virus crisis include:

• People from states which are not even testing or minimally

• FOX viewers

• Republicans

One other thing:

Trump’s handlers (in order to control him) have told him that the virus will be gone by the summer. And when the geometric-increase of this virus shows in the next few weeks (which will impact many of the people now approving of Trump), he will have a major setback

12 Likes