Cuomo’s Coronavirus-Themed Poster

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) unveiled an odd, old-timey poster during a press conference on Monday that appears to pay tribute to his state’s handling of the coronavirus crisis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320265

Congratulations, New York

10 Likes

OK, I like the Donald sitting on the Moon saying “It’s just the flu.” It seems so apropos.

15 Likes

New York Strange. It is sort of like Austin Weird. But for real.

7 Likes

When I take my granddaughters to the town pool we have a ritual; pass, googles, towel and masks. Actually, we can’t get in unmasked. Seeing little bathers wearing face-covers is a genuine reminder of the why we do this and how far we have come. Good luck to California.

9 Likes

I think it’s pretty charming.

14 Likes

I do too.

10 Likes

One could even say that the man on the moon is a lunatic.

10 Likes

Consider the following lyrics

It’s only a Paper Moon.

I never feel a thing is real
When I’m away from you
Out of your embrace
The world’s a temporary parking place
Mmm, mm, mm, mm
A bubble for a minute
Mmm, mm, mm, mm
You smile, the bubble has a rainbow in it
Say, its only a paper moon
Sailing over a cardboard sea
But it wouldn’t be make-believe
If you believed in me
Yes, it’s only a canvas sky
Hanging over a muslin tree
If you believed in me
Without your love
It’s a honky-tonk parade
Without your love
It’s a melody played in a penny arcade
It’s a Barnum and Bailey world
Just as phony as it can be
If you believed in me

3 Likes

I know how difficult it is to keep the young ones off of the grid.

2 Likes

Trump has the Kung Flu under control…

3 Likes

I find his attempt endearing. Reminds me of how we tell our children that their poster is the best you’ve ever seen. And you mean it.

Oh, to be on the other side of the mountain instead of dreading how long the plateau is going to continue…or when the first wave will arrive.

3 Likes

I loved the TV series Kung Fu when I was in my teens. Carradine‘s zen like vibe character was appealing to me. Whenever he was on his travels there would always be an arrogant W. Bush cowboy like character trying to give him gruff but he would fight back fierce but with a manner of zen where his opponent didn’t even know what hit him.

1 Like

I don’t see Mordor, Westeros, Narnia or the Islets of Langerhans on that map.

4 Likes

Yes, it has a very 19th century charm to it.

2 Likes

I love it! And I particularly like the admonition to, “Tell the people the truth and they will do the right thing.” Too bad Trump NEVER LEARNED this wisdom from A. J. Parkinson. . . . otherwise known as the fictitious wordsmith from the imagination of the late Mario Cuomo – Chris and Andrew’s Dad and former Governor of New York.

3 Likes

Celebrating a little early, I think. NYC is one soho underground rave from another flareup.

Should have made the moon orange. though…

1 Like

Ya know, ya just don’t see that much pancreas humor these days. Often it’s too insulin-ated.

2 Likes

In these times I’m up for some old fashioned, cornpone sincerity and truth in the midst of a crisis. It’s far better than the daily lies and dissembling we get nationally from the WH and certain Governors’ mansions elsewhere.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available