CPAC Scrambles To Clean Up Deleted Tweet Whitewashing Russia’s Ukraine Annexation

CPAC blamed the delay on the time difference between the U.S. and Australia Russia, where the committee’s convention was held in Sydney Moscow on Oct. 1 and Oct. 2.

FIFY!

6 Likes

I find it interesting that CPAC has to money to spread their message internationally. I must not be deep enough in the weeds to remember having other country’s political mechanisms running around the US giving conventions/rallies.

17 Likes

The people they’re speaking to yes…but others are listening as well and it’s to those others they respond.

Out voting doesn’t always work. See bush 00, and tRump 16.

2 Likes

Why do Republicans love Russia more than the USA?

11 Likes

I’m not sure why CPAC deleted that tweet since it’s obviously a sincerely held belief of theirs. They love Putin, corruption, and authoritarianism.

And how many CPAC meetings are there now? They meet more often than Matt Gaetz at PTA conferences.

15 Likes

Clearly an unfired intern. Snort

2 Likes

Also at CPAC

21 Likes

I don’t have snark for this. It’s too disgusting. Tell me they’re not taking Russian money.

28 Likes

Because Russia is a very pure example of right-wing authoritarianism, chauvinism, plutocracy, theocracy, and all the rest. And as a society we haven’t entirely made up our minds on all that. A lot of us are still clinging to that old-fashioned fuddy-duddy liberal democracy stuff and just refuse to get with the program.

24 Likes

Those people believe some pretty weird things – their election was stolen from them by Democrats, Democrats can turn their children gay and Ukranians are Nazis.

Give them a more accurate exposure to the facts and the results might be better. They need a Recovering Republicans Anonymous outfit.

10 Likes

…but the light bulb has to want to change…

14 Likes

When Ken Burns and his producers are doing a documentary 20-30 years from now about this era of incipient fascism they have the footage and tweets right here from the Schlapp, his Charro Eva Braun wife as well as Tucker Carlson and Taylor Greene.

10 Likes

You misspelled “pogrom”.

30 Likes

They are hoping to own yachts.

2 Likes

Here are some of the newest members of the glorious and mighty Russian army. I’ve never seen anything like it.

16 Likes

I can’t tell you how shocked I was when Trump kowtowed to Putin and started calling him a genius, etc. I really thought it was a personal issue - some kind of forlorn and pathetic bro’ love. But apparently, a lot of the people who are “conservative” and dumb enough to be led to believe anything are being led to believe that authoritarian dictatorship is the cure for what ails us. Honestly, I am not sure exactly why, or what is in it for the fascist trend setters like Carlson and Schlapp - it can’t just be money - can it?

Having re-read that paragraph, I realize what a stupid statement that was.

19 Likes

They side with Putin.

27 Likes

For many, for the elites, sure, it’s money in several ways. But for the groundlings I think it just seems simpler. It’s simpler and easier to do what you feel like rather than considering others. It’s easier to be indulged than to make sacrifices. It’s easier to hate people who are different than to try to understand how you’re alike. It’s simpler and easier to believe the world is as you wish it would be than to adapt to the world as it is. Hitler was genuinely popular because he told the Germans a story they wanted to hear. That’s what demagogues do. It’s only down the road you realize it would actually have been easier to deal with things when they were more manageable, to acknowledge reality, but we’re humans beings and we’re slow learners if we learn at all, which isn’t guaranteed.

20 Likes

Which we never were. (CPUSA was.)

But the Republicans clearly are.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available