Court Doc: FBI Investigating Whether Capitol Rioter Tried To Sell Pelosi Laptop To Russia | Talking Points Memo

I heard about it in school, but learned considerably more about it years later from a friend who was sent to one as a kid.

3 Likes

@lizzymom

And, it is also said that, when the student is ready, a teacher will appear.

How’s your head feeling Cervantes? My doc has told me (post concussion syndrome) that when something hurts my head, STOP!. Wise doctor.

2 Likes

Yeah that person would certainly be the one to tell the story.

1 Like

Same with me. I have a friend who went from his home in California into an internment camp (Heart Mountain Relocation Center in Wyoming), with his family when he was 4 months old, along with 13,997 other Japanese persons. His father was arrested when he came home from studying for his priesthood in Kyoto, and the family was immediately detained. The family got released when my friend was 4 years old. There is a memorable phrase that the Japanese use for “how do we ever deal with this?” It is “Shikata ga nai.” from Wiki:

Shikata ga nai (仕方がない), pronounced [ɕi̥kata ɡa naꜜi], is a Japanese language phrase meaning “it cannot be helped” or “nothing can be done about it”. Shō ga nai (しょうがない), pronounced [ɕoː ɡa naꜜi] is an alternative.

But, like my friend says: “shit happens.” A truly wonderful person.

6 Likes

And vice versa?

2 Likes

Sorry for your hard times. “Since when did Russians become a Republican thing?” - David Cay Johnston

1 Like

No way was that ever postulated, ever! Teachers are everywhere, mostly ready. Students generally are never ready…

4 Likes

I guess I would have to add, we were also at War with Italy… Don’t forget about them. They really were not interned either, just like the German Americans. Because, they were considered the “Pillars of Industry.”

See my post up thread - Italian Americans were harassed and sometimes taken in custody.

3 Likes

Saw it:

During World War II, the U.S. Saw Italian-Americans as a Threat to Homeland…

Also before the war.

Some were anarchists, like Sacco and Vanzetti, for example.

2 Likes

From the appearance and vocabulary of many of these dolts, I would not be surprised to find out that a doorstop is exactly what it is being used for.

I hope that the FBI, CIA and NSA are all watching that guy. He is bad to the core. And he is all in on Q.

2 Likes

Yes, I got it. There has always been so much prejudice in this country, as was and still is the case elsewhere in the world. I am so sorry for this total lack of compassion for those of us (most of us) who were immigrants here. Imagine how much the indigenous peoples, the First Nations’ peoples, who were living here for many thousands of years feel at being invaded and decimated by these quarrelsome invaders. I have a bumper sticker that I cherish, which says, “All people are created equal members of ONE HUMAN FAMILY.” It is from Key West, FLA, and you can get as many bumper stickers as you want from them. Google “One Human Family, Key West,” and that should get you there.

I think the difference we are talking about here is that German-Americans, and Italian-Americans, and, later Irish-Americans were vilified, and ridiculed, and targeted for centuries, here! Not to mention Blacks, Asians, Natives, Hispanics, Muslims and all others. Stupid Norwegian jokes, Swedish, Jewish, Mexican, French, Polish, Slavic, East Indian, and on and on, even for pete’s sake, Canadians!.. But not so many were actually imprisoned, for years, and stripped of their history, rights, property and livelihoods during those early to mid 20th Century years, and now.

We seemed, in the early 20th C, to want to concentrate our ire and virulence on those who somehow “took away” some crazy early settler’s “God-given-rights,” which they really have never had any rights to, to begin with. That happened to be (in addition to the earlier African slaves) Asians, first the Chinese, later the Japanese, later, the Hmong, and later, Somalians.

It is so sad that we are here, revisiting this, over and over, and over again. After 250 + years in this country alone.

My rant is over. I’m moving on to the Inauguration now… Day after tomorrow!! YAY!

4 Likes

not trophy husband, this is a southern boy, why they quit their job after the first date and move in expecting the woman to take care of him and friends. at least that is what guys tried with my daughter three times. one even showed up with a couple of pickups filled with his possessions beating on the door at seven am demanding to be let in. sheriff even had a hard time convincing him to go away

1 Like

As for the French the promise to get the empire back is what got them on board. So we stabbed in the back people like Ho we promised we’d help get independence if they help against Japan. The US has always treated enemies better than those that helped them win.

4 Likes

Good news, everyone.

1 Like

This is just speculation, but if that laptop was government issued in may have a classified encryption board installed. If that is the case, well, that bit of stupid will cost her dearly, they will take it to the mat.

3 Likes

Good grief…i can’t imagine not having my riot-outfit ready to go…whats this world coming to???

3 Likes

I heard Antifa bought all the good shoes in advance so patriots couldn’t get them.

3 Likes

you can still get 'riot’shoes on ZAPPOS… but colours are limited.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available