County That Bought Into Lindell’s Dominion Conspiracy Theories Will Replace Machines With Hand-Count - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Election officials in a Republican-leaning California county on Tuesday voted to dump their Dominion voting machines and attempt to hand-count elections moving forward after being influenced by right-wing conspiracy theories about the security of the Dominion systems. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1452992

And how are they going to pay for this hand count and all associated costs?

Go with hat in hand to Newsom and the commies in Sacramento?

Frist!

23 Likes

California gives precincts until about the first week of december to count their votes. Shasta County’s gonna need it.

Also, here’s hoping these three goobers get thrown out on their ass next election. Shasta’s very red, so it’ll just be different goobers replacing them, but perhaps somewhat smarter ones.

21 Likes

Cut the school budget, the roads budget, the fire budget. And write more parking tickets.

19 Likes

Sieg Heil, MeinPillow!!

7 Likes

Smarter goobers?? LOL!!!

8 Likes

They do stupid pretty consistently in the State of Jefferson and taking a bullshitting clown like Lindell seriously is as good an indicator of that as any.

23 Likes

My question is will this help Dominion in its damage claim in its defamation lawsuits?

23 Likes

“Lindell was a major instigator in the right-wing war against Dominion Voting Systems; he’s also the subject of a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit that may be draining his company. ‘The machine companies continue to sue us for billions of dollars, and we had to borrow almost $10 million at MyPillow,’ he told fellow Trump crony Steve Bannon earlier this month…”

26 Likes

the supervisors don’t quite understand what they’ve undertaken

That’s the problem of conservatism – the divine king, the superior elite, the unitary executive, the all-knowing pillow guy. Ever heard the expression “two heads are better than one”?

Liberalism more often gets to the right solution.

11 Likes

No need to count them, just look at the enrollment, 105% participation, 99.8 % Republican. Who needs counting machines?

4 Likes

So, I’m guessing that Shasta County is opening themselves up to thousands of dollars in debt to “own the libs.”

“It’s pretty clear the supervisors don’t quite understand what they’ve undertaken,” Shasta County elections chief Cathy Darling Allen told SFGATE,

They’re gonna find out. The “libs”, on the other hand, will be getting on with life.

19 Likes

Shasta County. Population 182,000.

1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 9… 10… 11… what? … 1… 2… 3… 4…

24 Likes

I live in Oregon, just north of Shasta county. None of this shocks me at all. Calling Shasta county Republican Leaning is the under statement of the century.

28 Likes

This must be the same California county that has a seemingly inexhaustible supply of dumb kids they keep sending to the University of Arizona as they can’t pass an entrance exam to their own state schools.

8 Likes

Gullible. So damn gullible.

I’d trust the machines to count accurately FAR more that I would trust people that believe the pillow idiot and the orange man on the mythical stolen election.

What better way to corrupt future counts than brainwashed insiders inaccurately hand counting to correct perceived past wrongs.

12 Likes

Fortunately the Supes have no control of the school budget. Police and Fire in the county, yes. Should be a hot summer. And hope the volcano doesn’t blow.

6 Likes

Isn’t Shasta County part of the area that wants to break away and form the state of Franklin? This move sounds just about as sensible as that.

Ooops, no, I see they wanted to be the state of Jefferson. I guess Franklin was too liberal for those guys.

11 Likes

I’ll be curious to see how they pay to defend all the lawsuits coming its way. I suspect the county will soon go bankrupt and then, of course, go looking for a bailout in Sacramento.

6 Likes

Crye had also been in touch with Lindell, who offered to provide “all the resources necessary, both including financial and legal,” to defend the county’s choices, Lindell told the Los Angeles Times.

Lindell reiterated that promise on Wednesday morning. “If they go after them with lawsuits, we’re gonna cover them,” he said. His fuzzy financial status, however, could make that a tall order.

Get it in writing-- or better, in an escrow account.
Have a hunch MyCrackhead is gonna’ find his self cash-shy in a year or so.

6 Likes