County Explains PA Ballot Mistake That Sparked MAGA Freakout

WHAAAAAAAAT??? I ‘heard’ these ballots were all marked TRUMP and thrown in the garbage by DEMOCRATS!!!

Probably had to sign an NDA just to get the contract in the first place.

1 Like

I’d like to see how they try to claim and calculate damages for someone violating an NDA like that…if it’s even enforceable. Seems to me wiping my ass with it would actually ADD value to it.

I don’t think they expect to enforce them. They do it to intimidate. These people are big on intimidation. They rely on the signer not knowing he or she isn’t going to be sued.

4 Likes

My favorite R.E.M. song!
Here’s some trivia. A Seattle radio station, KNDD - the End, premiered on August 1991. The very first song they played was R.E.M.‘s “The end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine).”
ETA: that song also appeared in the movie “Independence Day”. It got played just shortly before we first detected the invading aliens’ ship.

1 Like

Oh I know. Sometimes it’s not about the damages you can get, but the damage you could cause. Poor sap will be buried in legal fees before he knew what hit him.

3 Likes

I think Barr is running the scam. I’m sure he and Stone speak.

2 Likes

they got their photo op and campaign ad. moving on. everything is cool. see you next week.

3 Likes

When I was (4 yrs) younger and more starry eyed, I might have agreed with you. Sadly, since then we’ve had Nunes’ midnight sneak through the rose garden, Jordan and Gaetz busting their butts and vocal cords to hold the shield wall in the House, and let’s not forget our friends Wohl and Burkman. Let’s not forget Barr’s interpretive dance laying out the Mueller Report. Actually, there’s so much to not forget that the task has become overwhelming.

For me, I’d like to see this worker’s financials, a look into his background, and a cruise through his social media and internet history. If all is clean, then I can think about an inept, panicked dude making a stupid choice.

1 Like

Still no excuse for the prick Barr to go national broadcast with an immediate misinterpretation of what was going down in Pennsylvania. He was engaging in election interference and putting faulty, raw, non-vetted information in front of the dotard knowing that he would commence bellowing a version of it to his deluded, disinformed minions.

4 Likes

All employees/appointees in that office were Repub as well and it would be my guess so was the contractor. Bad news if the bastard has ever voted Dem even for local dog catcher.

1 Like

“Stay on target, Stay on target”

2 Likes

They have to open the secrecy envelopes, and I think inner envelopes, to see how someone voted.

If that’s the case, then they would be doing this however these ballots are mailed in.

The reason why the GOP wanted the secrecy envelope requirement is they saw the figures that new (especially younger) voters had a higher fail rate in using the secrecy envelope, which obviously benefits the GOP.

2 Likes

And then they trash the secrecy envelopes and other envelopes and decide based on how people voted whether they ‘really’ came in a secrecy envelope.

Not according to the story and the county election officials.

1 Like

Sigh. Asking for problems… Our ballots here come with return envelopes that clearly label that they contain a ballot to be cast.

Aren’t there supposed to be election officials from both parties at these locations?

Let’s see if there’s any sort of red flags raised in short order by the Dems watching this stuff. If this is a vulnerability that you could catch, I would think the Dems in Pennsylvania could and are working on it. They’re expecting and looking out for all sorts of ratfuckery since they know they can’t trust any Republican these days. Guarding the integrity of the ballots should one of the top priorities.

But if the controls at these offices are that lax and can’t be fixed, then there’s nothing we can do about it anyway.

Except vote in such massive numbers that they can’t figure out how many to do this to without being obvious.

3 Likes

Let’s hope you’re right.

1 Like

It would be political malfeasance if they didn’t. At least the Dems have put together a large legal team (with several in each county across the important states at least) to fight this kind of crap.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re going to hear more. What was said was nothing. The most important part of this story is WHY did this contractor make this mistake. Under what circumstances do you think pitching a ballot the right thing to do?

I agree. Who was this contractor? Does he or she have a social media history that might explain this “mistake” ? How did this rocket its way to the media and GOP machine this fast? I know it’s a heavy GOP district but what are the odds that 7 randomly selected ballots were for the same candidate when cast by a group, the military, that is fairly evenly split on the candidates running?

There’s a final issue. It’s too good to be true. It too perfect for the time it was in. Fits too well in the situation it was in.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available