County Explains PA Ballot Mistake That Sparked MAGA Freakout

Am I the only one that thinks “Scott Atlas” sounds like one of the jokers in an ad pushing fake products in scuzzy tabloids?

7 Likes

Has anyone checked that a certain Kobach wasn’t near the scene of the unfortunate incident? Either at the Luzerne County site or near US Attorney David Freed’s office?

1 Like

It seems to me that the only likely criminal activity involved here is when Trump’s DOJ people OPENED the secret ballots [while still in possession of information as to who had cast them] to see who they had voted for.

11 Likes

And this one isn’t. Someone “accidentally” threw them away, then the supervisor who happened to be dumpster-diving ran across them?

Something ain’t adding up yet.

10 Likes

In pa those ballots are supposed to be sent to each voters voting precinct with the outer signature verification in place and as the process is currently configured, the judge of elections is supposed to compare the mail ballots to the in person voter registry, check signatures on the security envelop and then open the security envelope in the presence of the majority and minority inspectors and the clerks and machine operators. At that time the anonymous white envelopes are put in a stack and then counted

4 Likes

You mean like this snake-oil genius-pill pushing puddle of douche backwash?

Remarkable coincidence jus how involved in investing in and pushing “supplements” the GOPers are, eh? One might even call it symbolic of something…

4 Likes

Barr reportedly found out about the situation when the U.S. Attorney’s Office turned to Main Justice for help fielding media requests from local Pennsylvania news outlets.

My question is - were these local news outlets owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group?

4 Likes

https://electoral-vote.com/#item-1

And now, let us point out two giant problems with the “two slates of electors” notion, one at either end of the process. The first problem is that in all 50 states and D.C., current law dictates that electoral votes be awarded based on the vote of the citizens. Even if one of the four GOP legislatures on this list wanted to award the state’s EVs by fiat, they couldn’t do it without changing the law. And that would require a gubernatorial signature (or a veto override, and there are no states on the list above where Republicans have a veto-proof state Senate majority).

The second problem, on the other end of the process, is that while there was once a time when multiple slates of electors were possible (e.g., 1876), that time has passed. Federal law, specifically 3 U.S. Code 6, makes very clear that:

It shall be the duty of the executive of each State, as soon as practicable after the conclusion of the appointment of the electors in such State by the final ascertainment, under and in pursuance of the laws of such State providing for such ascertainment, to communicate by registered mail under the seal of the State to the Archivist of the United States a certificate of such ascertainment of the electors appointed, setting forth the names of such electors…

In other words, a valid certificate of ascertainment, and a valid slate of electors, can only come from the governor of a state.

12 Likes

It has been said, do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity and incompetence. As has been said above, absent some significant evidence of actual wrongdoing, this is a whole lot of nothing.

2 Likes

And DeSantis is on deck…

2 Likes

Indeed. And gosh, I wonder why a Trump-appointed US Attorney’s office would do such a thing as open up sealed ballots and then immediately violate DOH policy and handbook rules regarding public announcements to bullhorn who the votes were for…

It’s a mystery we’ll never solve, I’m sure.

6 Likes

I know that people aren’t perfect, and I know that even competent people can make mistakes, but what I’m tired of dealing with is smart people trying to pull the wool over my eyes. That a simple thing like someone not wanting to get in trouble did something wrong, an election Director tried do the right thing, and a US Attorney had to make a mountain out of mole hill, all to please his lord and master.

It’s voting, people aren’t perfect, and without hiring outside help voting would be a nightmare.

3 Likes

Exactly! I still wonder if Trump or someone closely connected to him has money invested in hydroxychloroquine. Why otherwise would have been so keen on continuing to push it after it had been debunked? Except maybe that he simply cannot bear to seem to admit that he was wrong about anything.

2 Likes

Raw Story has further details. The ballots were tossed because Trump won a lawsuit requiring “naked” ballots be thrown out:

• The ballots were discarded by a temporary, or “contract” worker assigned to sort the mail who appears to have been following direction.
  • They ballots were military ballots, not absentee or other by-mail ballots.
  • The county immediately reported what happened to federal officials, who appear to have immediately politicized the issue.
  • “Because these ballots were returned in envelopes similar to absentee ballot requests , elections officials opened them,” The Washington Post reports. “If the ballots weren’t then enclosed in another envelope which shielded the actual vote being cast, they may have been considered ‘naked ballots,’ a term used to describe mail ballots returned without the voter’s intent being protected.
  • The Trump campaign and the Pennsylvania GOP in a lawsuit argued that “naked ballots” should not be counted. They won that lawsuit. These nine ballots appear to be “naked ballots,” and that appears to be the reason they were thrown out.
18 Likes

So, ok, why the fuck did the US Attorney’s office look at the ballots? And why did they initially misreport the vote tally? I think I know…

1 Like

$10 says project veritas will post the video this weekend of their successful op to infiltrate a voting place and throw out legal ballots, which they immediately reported to the supervisor after they had done so, just to show how easy it is to manipulate the election.

2 Likes

Yeah I was just going to post this:

12 Likes

Well, that and he was desperate to have something to call the potential cure, so that he could downplay the virus, demand all lockdowns end, prevent a downturn in the economy from damaging his re-election and then take credit for having ‘called it’ and claim responsibility for the cure.

3 Likes

So, to be clear, these ballots, regardless of UMOVA status, and regardless of Trump vote cast, should not/would not have been counted because they were “naked” ballots?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available