Coons: ‘Frustrations’ Among Dems After Sinemanchin Joined GOP’s Opposition To Filibuster Carveout

Anyone who feels that the Democrats should now let those two go independent or be Republicans, please raise your hand.

12 Likes

Absolutely correct.
It’s no wonder that it’s been reported that the Republican Senators lined up to shake Sinema’s hand after she torpedoed the Democratic effort.

5 Likes

And here I thought it was Manch’s enema.

2 Likes

Sigh! Another type who seems to believe that someone is responsible for another person’s actions.

Your antipathy towards Coons for restating his commitment to the cause is within your rights, but what else would you have him do? Mutter unceasing despair whilst covering himself in accelerant and lighting a match.

The fight will go on in some fashion and carried into the midterms.

15 Likes

“Bend over, please, Senator.”

Also, from the article:

Sanders also left the door open for potentially campaigning against either Sinema or Manchin in 2024.

Being able to run against Bernie Sanders would be a huge gift to Manchin. In fact, I think this might be our best chance to keep that seat at least nominally (and Manchin does vote D a lot) Democratic in 2024. So, go to it, Bernie.

In Sinema’s case, she’s damaged herself so thoroughly already – Reps will vote for a real Rep, Dems would just as soon vote for Yersinia pestis as for Sinema at this point, and the Arizona Indies seem to hate her almost as much – that I’m not sure it matters one way or the other.

8 Likes

OT: And worst of all, they forgot his usual at the local coffee shop.

18 Likes

Yersinia pestis: Yersinia’s Best is Yet to Come!

Be a Pestis Bestie!

Tired of metaphorical plagues? Step up to Yersinia pestis.

3 Likes

Miniature violin found inside Higgs Boson!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Word is, some fat orange guy in Florida is desperately seeking a new accountant.

7 Likes

“only 48 Democrats”. Only virtually all the Democrats in the House and 96% of Democrats in the Senate.

Let’s be clear. McConnell’s gang killed the bill. Blaming Democrats for “only” getting to 96% is ludicrous. And offensive.

8 Likes

OT but Tom Brady has more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (1) than touchdowns (0) in today’s LA (27) TB (3) 3rd quarter game.
Not to worry. Tom will retire and go into politics on a platform of reducing inflation.

8 Likes

Be very afraid
Newt Gingrich Threatens Democrats With Jail For J6 Probe | Crooks and Liars

Amazingly Newt Gingrich saw what Rudy Guiliani had done to his reputation and said 'I want that.'

— Mr. Newberger (@jeremynewberger) January 23, 2022
11 Likes

Lot’s of deflated voters out there…

6 Likes

Who?

6 Likes

OT: I think Clark is in a lot of trouble. He better be looking for a deal.

12 Likes

Fucking Newt. Hate that guy.

5 Likes

Sad is an understatement.

He’s dreaming of the salad days, the days when he somewhat mattered.

9 Likes

OK, OT by about half the globe but an amazingly brave woman…

7 Likes

TFG’s at the point where he needs floppy shoes, a monkey with a hat, and a seltzer bottle to get any kind of applause…

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available