Contortionist Rick Scott Avoids Rebuking Trump’s ‘Death Wish’ Attack On McConnell

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

It was pretty painful to watch Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), the National Republican Senatorial Committee chair, respond on Sunday to Trump taking his usual attacks against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to an even more deranged level by screeching that the GOP leader had a “DEATH WISH” for supposedly backing what the ex-president called “Democrat sponsored [sic]” bills.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1434237
1 Like

fiest and look what Bannon drug out of the trash heap
He’s Baaaack! Lou Dobbs Tries To Out-Extreme The Extremists | Crooks and Liars

15 Likes

Just let it all hang out woman haters
Christian Fascist Launches Into Mother Of All Misogynistic Rants | Crooks and Liars
Antisemitic Christian fascist and white nationalist, Dalton Clodfelter, has a lot of issues. Clodfelter (I’m in no position to make fun of anyone’s name, but LOL) has a show on Stew Peters’s conspiracy-driven fascist network, and he launched into a rant about women, how dumb they are, and how they shouldn’t be able to work outside the home or vote.

24 Likes

Tird!

“Democrat sponsored [sic]” bills

It always amazes me how some people cannot tell the difference between an adjective and a noun.

17 Likes

da Silva won 48.4 percent while Bolsonaro won 43.23 percent.

Slam dunk, I hope.

22 Likes

“It was pretty painful to watch Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL),…”
No, it wasn’t, not if you knew his history of non answers.

20 Likes

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) told the New York Times that violent threats against lawmakers have gotten so severe, she “wouldn’t be surprised if a senator or House member were killed.”

There’s only one party to blame here, and it isn’t the one I support. I’m surprised her hands aren’t all wrung out by now.

43 Likes

I love it when former R’s pull their head out of their ass

41 Likes

SEC charges Kim Kardashian. Making an example of a prominent person, I suppose.

ETA:

27 Likes

Morning Joe: Trump Plans To Use Violence Because He Can’t Win | Crooks and Liars

10 Likes

No comment, just sharing

The contrast is really something. https://t.co/fs6HZcVDsz

— AG (@AGHamilton29) October 1, 2022
6 Likes

Profile In Courage

Sadly, this is what the GQP has reduced itself to - too afraid to call out a seriously deranged individual and more than willing to return same to the levers of power and nuclear weapons.

Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses still don’t have power.

I’ve watched power companies over the years with restoration efforts - in Connecticut, one year, with a a hurricane and a blizzard hitting within six weeks of each other, the State ran out of power poles for the restoration, so many had been broken. Last I heard, 33 States had sent crews to help with the restoration. It takes time.

she “wouldn’t be surprised if a senator or House member were killed.”

And that, folks, is how democracy dies. Should it happen to any of them (and not necessarily to her), would she simply remain ‘concerned’?

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) told House Oversight Committee chair Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) on Friday that the agency still doesn’t have all of the documents that Trump administration officials were legally required to hand over

And yet, TFG is still walking free.

20 Likes
54 Likes

Sounds like more than a few women pwned him in his time and he’s mad about that.

Or no self-respecting woman would have anything to do with him.

One or the other…

13 Likes

Who says the Kardashians still don’t have an outsized position in the media these days?

Here are the celebrities promoting crypto — even as concerns around scams mount (yahoo.com)

When do they start going after the rest of these nincompoops?

13 Likes

Keep it coming.

18 Likes

NYT editorial board about to get a finger-wagging from Alito.

59 Likes

Woman who allegedly helped arrange migrant flights to Martha’s Vineyard identified by CNN as Perla Huerta

26 Likes

42 Likes

The most athletic prowess you have ever seen!!!
MAGA Cheers On Trump For [Checks Notes] Catching A Sharpie | Crooks and Liars

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available