Constitutional Sheriffs Refuse To Follow Or Enforce Illinois’ New Assault Weapons Ban

What a steaming pantload.

The Second Amendment doesn’t give anyone the right to own an assault weapon.
Even Antonin Scalia said that some regulation is allowed under the amendment, and he was pretty much a gun nut.

22 Likes

Interesting that these “Constitutional Sheriffs” never challenge any of these supposedly unconstitutional laws in court. Because they know they’d lose and their “movement” would be “legally” shot down.

Never mind the Legislative, Administrative, and Judicial split of our governmental design, THEY are the only and final arbiters of constitutionality. It is unbelievable that at least state officials have not gone after these insurgent a-holes as well as the federal DOJ. *&^%$#@!

7 Likes

I seem to remember some fictional police drama where a uniformed cop has to be able to run a 7-minute mile in order qualify for street duty. This guy looks like he does most of his shifts at the donut shop.

Small wonder they call themselves constipational sheriffs.

5 Likes

Anyone who grew up in rural areas know that the sheriffs have extensive power, and that many of them are comically corrupt. This Scott Jenkins fellow reminds me of one Buford T. Justice.

Here is live footage of Sheriff Justice busting up some unauthorized activity at CPAC.

7 Likes

How can his poor legs support that much fat?

2 Likes

I’m quite sure he sits a lot. I suspect his circulating cholesterol is “somewhat” higher tha normal. And portion control of what he eats would help him since in his case he needs to shed a good 150 pounds.

2 Likes

FTW.

2 Likes

Lock 'em up.

14 Likes

I own a 22 rifle got it when I was 10.
My Constitutional rights have been satisfied.

3 Likes

Hasn;pt there been any SCOTUS cases regarding this? Not that I have much faith in this particular SCOTUS…

1 Like

I wonder, can Pritzker pull a Florida move like deathsentence did with elected DAs and school boards and replace these guys?

3 Likes

The problem is only sadistic psychopaths ever get elected to sheriff. So nobody good ever runs.

1 Like

It’s “fat bastard”.

They have the intent to obsctruct prosecution, but are they knowingly doing any of the things in 1)?

I guess as soon as some lawful authority calls on them to do their jobs and they falsely say they don’t have to…

1 Like

You’d think all law enforcement officers would champion fewer assault weapons among the general population.

Wouldn’t any sane law officer want to lessen the likelihood they’ll get mowed down by some perp with an AR-15? I’ll be less concerned should that happen in the future, I guess.

3 Likes

Yes, they’re intentionally concealing evidence of assault weapons violations from the prosecutorial authorities to whom they have a duty to report.

10 Likes

Thank you TPM for this research. My home in Illinois is in a county with an insurrectionist sheriff. To look at him you’d have to say he looks untrimmed as he sports a beard and various tattoos… I see tobacco juice in his beard. Setting all that aside, what is this this muttonhead’s beef with the law? The law is that automatic rifle owners need to get registered. So wtf is wrong with that… sheesh, I’m advocating for public display of these gunowners name and address. I wonder if I will get run out of town….

8 Likes

They were against civilians wearing tan suits?

4 Likes

This guy really throws a lot of weight onto stereotypes about ugly Americans. And bad cops.

7 Likes

Every “constitutional sheriff” secretly fantasizes that he’ll become the local warlord whenever the Race War is finally won. And apparently, morbid obesity is part of the job requirement.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available