Constitutional Sheriffs Refuse To Follow Or Enforce Illinois’ New Assault Weapons Ban

So the Governor then ought to direct the state police to arrest and charge any such Sherriff who refuses to enforce the law with dereliction of duty.

1 Like

Being an elected official didn’t stop DeSantis from removing the Tampa District attorney.

Good thing they haven’t let the notion that because they’re sheriff that they are somehow the >arbitor< of the law go to their head or anything. Can’t wait to see what the local and federal courts think of this…

1 Like

Illinois is a giant corn field with Chicago in the northeast corner. Assault weapons aren’t that big a problem in the corn field.

1 Like

Duuuuude! I see you’re thirsting for some attention! Don’t the people in your St. Petersburg office ever spend time with you?

Sad.

Oh, you’re going to love the Boncentration Bamps these guys are going to set up!

1 Like

You have to appreciate the gravity of the situation.

1 Like

Impeach the scumbags.

I see what you did there.

1 Like

I was thinking more of a gun right’s protest where all protesters would be people of color wearing shirts that support far left causes that scare red staters.

Fat, dumb, and white… must be a trend.

He’d probably lose a few steaming pounds on the spot…

h/t @thunderclapnewman

1 Like

Turn in your badge and gun. Start filling out the paperwork to continue to possess the other guns you surely own. You’re out of the enforcing business.

Welcome to the U.S. of A. Where nobody wants to work but still get paid. On tax payer money no less.

“The association, which Mack founded after former President Barack Obama’s election,”

Anyone who was watching that unfold knew at the time it had nothing to do with the Constitution and everything to do with racial hatred.
What they really meant was that no black man could be their commander in chief, democracy be damned.
They use harsher words, but my point is clear.
They can claim anything they want about their roots, but the truth is, Constitutional Sheriffs represent everything they pretend to protect us against. Inevitably, their local power clique turns into mean little crime mobs that exploit and extort The People via traffic and drug “crimes”.
They are anathema to everything the Constitution tries to achieve.

3 Likes

How many of these Con Sheriffs have had to deal with a schools shooting? If they get their way, seems like those shooters will be looking for sanctuary in his county.
Anyone who won’t link Russian money via the NRA directly to this stupidity wasn’t paying attention when this crazy gun cult rose from the shadows. The NRA NEVER had the kind of membership dues to cover the millions in political contributions, the Feds know it but they won’t act on it because so many are gun heads themselves.
The influence Russia had on this isn’t crazy talk, it took a lot of dollars to lure these local politicians into their current absurd gun madness, and the peer groups that grew from it, like these misguided enforcers, have perpetuated the outrageous patterns and amplified them.
Russia had a big part in this, believe me or not. It is a bigger fact than most realize. Russia used the NRA to corrupt our political process.
With cash money. For state legislatures, sheriffs and and everything up to Presidential campaigns, they bought influence and these are the fruits of it.

2 Likes

Most of these guys represent rural American. It doesn’t take very many votes to get them elected. They represent a good old boy network of angry, reactionary, white males. They all know each other, sit around together re-enforcing their misconceptions about a world outside their experience and reciting the bullshit they heard from Lars Larson’s radio show (who gets all his stuff by re-branding material from Tucker and Alex). They know how to fix every problem and it usually involves giving themselves more freedom and everyone else less freedom. It’s a simple calculus that’s going on right now, as I write this, down at the Pig-n-Pancake in the rural town I call home.

5 Likes

You are not a law enforcement officer if you refuse to enforce the law.

1 Like

“Despite the ignominious origins of the law itself, the broader principle that the military should not be allowed to interfere in the affairs of civilian government is a core American value.”

1 Like

Well, if they never enforce any laws because they decide they’re “unconstitutional,” then no miscreant will get mad at them and the regular citizens will get preyed upon. But on the plus side, nobody will dare run against him, so he can count on getting reelected with 100% of the scumbag vote. The only real hope is that a bigger jurisdiction gets involved in something.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available