‘Consider This A Light Warning,’ Alleged Arsonist Warned In Note To Texas Dems | Talking Points Memo

In the aftermath of an alleged attempted arson aimed at the Travis County, Texas Democratic Party headquarters last Wednesday, investigators said they recovered a note from the remnants of the blaze. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1389567
1 Like

No items on Facebook morning-long outage?

TPM writers must all be on Twitter making FB jokes

16 Likes

Lotsa fun, eh asshole, wearing stipes and getting mug shot?
Too bad the max may only be 2 yrs.
ETA: I hear it’s 5 yrs.

20 Likes

I didn’t know about the FB outage until just now since I don’t use it.

7 Likes

Maybe we shouldn’t keep Austin weird? Just a thought …

2 Likes

Someone should tweet this story to Patrick Ruffini.

19 Likes

So, in terrorism parlance, we have a “lone wolf,” acting on his own to sow terror.

Throw the book at him.

And, we need a new federal domestic terrorism statute. Charging this guy with even high level felony arson isn’t enough for this dope.

29 Likes

Ryan Faircloth, a 30-year-old Austin resident, was arrested Friday on suspicion of setting the fire…

Faircloth?!?

Is that a synonym for white sheet?

14 Likes

This n00b mentioned peaches?

hmmmm yumm

10 Likes

And Instagram and WhatsApp. And reportedly some issues at Twitter because everyone’s there talking about how Facebook is down :smiley:

6 Likes

I only knew because my spouse (working from home) was complaining about DNS going out intermittently and we were trying to figure out whether it was our end or the provider.

5 Likes

Lemme say that was a yummy peach

6 Likes

The note read like a bitter country song,

Got yer sentencing enhancement right here, bro.

After initially facing state charges of second-degree felony arson and third-degree felony prohibited weapon, Faircloth was charged in a federal criminal complaint with a single charge of arson and attempted arson, according to online court records.

Interesting. Why’d they make a federal case of it, and so quickly?

11 Likes

I don’t use any of those platforms.

3 Likes

Now if law enforcement in Texas would just keep doing their job, and arrest the homicidal lunatics who deliberately tried to run a Biden/Harris bus off the interstate last Fall – and who did deliberately smash into one of the vehicles accompanying it – then we might actually get somewhere.

(Hell, they wouldn’t even have to arrest them; I’d be happy if they just investigated those attempted murders…)

36 Likes

RyANne FAIrclOth is A poLItiCal pRISonEr wHo WAs oNly trYINg to GIve hUGs aND KISses to THe pEOple in tHe oFFiCe!

8 Likes

Can’t wait for the pyrotechnics when he debuts at Antone’s

3 Likes

I haven’t used platforms since high school.

16 Likes

Too busy sniffing out rape and all

In honor of Todd Aiken’s recent promotion to wormfood

23 Likes

Geesh!
PLATFORMS!!??!!
Sooo… 80’s

My era was when The Maker™ was a pup (that’s before dirt). Besides I wasn’t too short of stature at 5’9". Woodstock was our gathering…

We could gather a crowd in numbers trump would be jealous of but could never come even close to.

11 Likes