‘Consider This A Light Warning,’ Alleged Arsonist Warned In Note To Texas Dems | Talking Points Memo

They cannot add a terroristic threats charge? Clearly political.

11 Likes

And we wonder how it is that our image of ‘a shining beacon on a hill’ has been diminished internationally…

5 Likes

What you’re failing to understand, is that when you do it with trucks’n’gunz, it’s not a crime in texas. If that penne ante arsonist had simply strapped a glock to his thigh before chucking his homebrew molotovs, he’d be a free man today.

10 Likes

“Wait! You’re telling me there were cameras around? That’s not fair!”

Idiot.

5 Likes

He goes to the same hair stylist as Matt Gaetz, some people say.

5 Likes

Did you go to high school in Holland?

1 Like

Who’s this “we”? Got a mouse in your pocket?

It was either political violence or domestic terrorism, take your pick for the terminology.

I guess there’s always a chance it will be written off as mental illness.

1 Like

According to the article, we need more than that. Can anyone explain this?

Law enforcement said that the implied threat of future attacks spurred officers to move quickly.

“In case this suspect was planning further attacks, we could go ahead and get him off the street to prevent that,” Captain Jeffrey Deane of the Austin Fire Department’s arson investigation division said in a press conference.

Otherwise they were going to slow-walk it? Makes no sense!

7 Likes

The last one was new to me, God what an asshole, well all of them Katy. Each one in their own way dismissed woman, and the right to agency over their body. And I bet all of these rape apologists are against wearing a mask.

9 Likes

Whatever the finally charging document is, please make sure that they are felonies.

4 Likes

“If anything, the terrorist lit a fire under a lot of folks who’ve been waiting on the sidelines,” she said.

Seems like an unfortunate choice of words, Ms. Naranjo. But at least the mope is behind bars.

1 Like

Faircloth also offered a confession, according to the affidavit, admitting to assembling the Molotov cocktail and confirming “his participation in the events described above from the surveillance video.”

Obviously not the brightest bulb in the box. Hard to think of how he could make his conviction easier for prosecutors.

2 Likes

I just started to post that Antone’s is long gone, but it’s like a cat with nine lives. And obviously I don’t ever go to Sixth Street, the location of its current incarnation.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Recurring discussion on Next Door here has been whether the police are on a slow strike or whether they’ve always been this way.

4 Likes

Hm, there may be a pattern here. Don’t tell me, I’m keen to guess. :thinking:

2 Likes

OK I guess it’s nothing then.

The federal charge carries a five year mandatory minimum.

3 Likes

Actually, it’s on 5th street now, near San Jacinto. The new old building is so much better than the last old building, which had terrible acoustics. Have never seen a country act at the current location, but lots of good funk, soul, rock, and Latin music.

2 Likes