Conservatives Record Themselves Mocking Abbott’s Wheelchair

The conservative advocacy group Empower Texans accidentally published audio of two of their members mocking Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), who is paralyzed below the waist and uses a wheelchair.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1315933
2 Likes

Yet another shining example of deplorable conservative values, and their shocking lack of awareness of the impact of the recorded word.

I thoroughly despise Abbott as a human but mocking him for being disabled is just so, so, so, Republican.

76 Likes

They’re like badly raised children, all of them.

47 Likes

It just keeps getting worse. There is no bottom.

30 Likes

I remember when he was running for Gov here in Texas and I was happy to see folks like that get switfly knocked down online. Obvs some folks didn’t get the message…

14 Likes

More booga-losers!

2 Likes

But don’t call them “Deplorables”!

(Because that would be disrespectful.)

76 Likes

Or children raised by hyenas or something. They have no sense of decency;

21 Likes

That’s a feature (not a bug) of today’s GOP…

13 Likes

Don’t we know of another Republican fella who makes fun of peoples’ looks, disabilities, etc. . . .

56 Likes

I honestly had no idea Abbott was paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Doesn’t make him any less of a piece of shit but where have I been?

Exactly. She warned us at every single step of the way.

52 Likes

I actually didn’t know Abbot was paralyzed and used a wheelchair, but now won’t be scratching my head when the Orange Menace turns on him (because ETTD) and claims, “I like governors who aren’t cripples!”

15 Likes

Demon infighting is fascinating.

25 Likes

Can someone please explain the difference between these people mocking a disabled man and Trump mocking a disabled man? Because if the TX Republican Party is gonna get all riled up about this recording then they need to bring that same energy to Trump doing the same thing.

84 Likes

Wonder what Abbott things of this asshole.

29 Likes

“outrageous, vulgar and completely unacceptable” on t-shirts and mugs being sold by the Trump campaign in 3…2…

6 Likes

Don’t hold your breath…

20 Likes

Look, this is about freedom and empowerment and the empowerment of our freedom!

16 Likes

Sounds like Trump has a couple candidates to head the EEOC.

11 Likes

Remember the Don Knotts & Tim Conway movie The Apple Dumpling Gang, seems these REPUG operatives are trying to outdo the pair.

4 Likes