Conservative Ohio Reps. Draft Impeachment Articles For DeWine

Some right-wingers in the Ohio House of Representatives are rebelling against their Republican governor, Mike DeWine, and have drafted impeachment articles related to his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1328003

Sooo, Democrats in disarray? :thinking:

25 Likes

Basically, yeah.

4 Likes

Dead people is an, “It is what it is.” Failing businesses though are grounds for impeachment.

13 Likes

This Nino Vitale fellow seems nice. Christian too (if nailing Jesus to the cross is part of the doctrine these days). Which, sadly, in the case of the evangelicals appears to be the case.

8 Likes

“With deaths and hospitalizations from COVID-19 flattened, the Governor continues to press his boot on the throat of Ohio’s economy,” wrote Rep. John Becker ®, the lawmaker who is leading the charge, in a statement.

"Press his boot?" I call that inflammatory!

5 Likes

Death Culters gotta death cult.

download
Woo hoo!

7 Likes

This new breed of Republicans are hard to believe. You’re either with Trump 100% or you’re impeached? Not scolded, or shamed, or called a RINO, but removal from office!

Any and all moderate GOP members might as well just make the R–> D switch now, before you’re tried in absentia for the crimes of Dear Leader Disloyalty.

7 Likes

Kasich must be so glad not to have to deal with these numbnuts…

7 Likes

Waving hello to Ohio from your neighbors in Pennsylvania who “reopened” back in June and saw our daily infection rate go from under 400 to the better part of a thousand daily in very short order. How you damn Republicans can act like you’re a legitimate party and not commit mass suicide for shame is a mystery to me, it really is.

22 Likes

Trump’s already in Charlotte yapping away. He’s going to be a tired little fellow at 10 p.m. carrying on like this.

He’s listing his accomplishments now. :roll_eyes:

Lots of hooting and hollering. This is what this convention is about—narcissistic supply.

Not sure I’ll be able to hang in there myself at 10 p.m. This is so incredibly boring. He’s telling “Sir” stories all over the place.

11 Likes

So some of the 57%ers that votes/lives in Ohio wants to infect or kill more people now?

AD048841-6A49-4205-B3BE-06253E2454C4

7 Likes

"Rep. Nino Vitale ®. Vitale has refused to wear a mask, claiming that it obscures “the image and likeness of God,”

If she wears any clothes, she is a hypocrite.

8 Likes

from the blog coverage

A member of the audience yelled “monkey!” as Trump began ranting about Obama, to which Trump responded “let’s be nice,” then snickered.

“This can only happen in North Carolina,” he said, to which the audience laughed and applauded.

May as well close up shop today Trump. Unless you up your game later, I think this will be what gets the most play at the after party.

12 Likes

It’s in the water, right?

Jesus. These people are politicians; they work with the public. You’d think they’d understand not to yell that on national TV.

11 Likes

GOP mantra, take your oath seriously and face impeachment…

1 Like

reached for the dog whistle, picked up a bull horn. used it anyway.

7 Likes

He says they basically got rid of Obamacare. I had not heard that.

10 Likes

She is a he, and thus an asshole.

5 Likes