Congressman Recalls Boebert Giving Tour Days Before January 6

There might be an innocent explanation for this. If so we need to hear it.

13 Likes

She is sworn in as a member of Congress on January 3, and knows her way around well enough to immediately start giving tours of the Capitol ā€¦ strange.

14 Likes

Some crazies, like this piece of shit, ran with the hope to get elected with the only goal being to be so incendiary that they eventually get removed. Soon, we will be able to see what the overlap was between the tour members and the insurrectionists. If there is overlap, then her live-tweeting of Pelosiā€™s location comes into focus, and she should be prosecuted.

28 Likes

Sheā€™s a rookie congress member - just sworn in days before. The idea of her conducting tours is questionable on so many levels.

First and foremost - itā€™s my understanding that the Capitol is closed to tours because of the pandemic so of course her activities on that front would be noticed. In addition - who were these ā€œconstituentsā€ that travelled from her area for the tour?

Itā€™s also hard to imagine her knowing her way around well enough to conduct tours in the first place unless she herself had maps, which as a newbie member she probably did.

27 Likes

Ben Sasse wrote an op-ed in The Atlantic how QAnon is destroying the Republican party.
Iā€™m not very confident that many in his party will listen.
They make look at it as a chance to grow the party.

16 Likes

Just btw, remember that incoming congresscritters may bring some of their staff with them, but for the most part they recruit from a mass of DC congressional lifers. (A Deep State if you will.) So her staff, including the former communications director, probably arenā€™t as utter bugfsck crazy as she is.

14 Likes

That may well be true and maybe itā€™s a pretty regular occurrence for new members to give tours to family members. It just seems odd to me that a new member would know enough about the place to be able to provide a tour beyond the very, very basics like ā€œHereā€™s the Senate chamber, House chamber, my office, etc.ā€ And maybe thatā€™s all she did was just give family a really basic tour. It still doesnā€™t explain why they bypassed offices with nameplates to go to private, unmarked offices. Could be coincidence, sure, yet none of this feels coincidental. None of it.

39 Likes

In her defense, Lauren Boebert has poisoned many more of her constituents than she has shot. And she did earn her GED last year.

31 Likes

A Presidential Medal of Freedom (see: Nunes, Devin; Jordan, Jim).

18 Likes

I would remind you that her communications director quit the other day. She is still interviewing replacements approved by her QAnon Shaman.

11 Likes

The far-right wing of the Republican party?

She seems to be fairly representative of the Republican party.

7 Likes

Does anyone recall having ever seen Lauren Boebert and Riley Williams together? Iā€™m concerned that they are one in the same person.

9 Likes

Ruh roh. This might explain why she seemed so sure Rep. Maloney was talking about her when he mentioned no names related to tours given by members and staff before Jan. 6

22 Likes

Remember when all we had to worry about congress members was Mark Foleyā€™s relationship with page boys and Jim Trafficant making special order speechā€™s quoting Star Trek and getting censured.

10 Likes

Privileged person playing with politics for self-promotion.

5 Likes

Somebody provided intel to the rioters. It could have been anybody from Devin Nunes to Jim Jordon to Ron Johnson. All of the usual suspects have more than a passing familiarity with the Capitol building office layout.

12 Likes

ā€œStaked out a spotā€
My smattering of Apache genes just suggested a red ant hill.

5 Likes

Assuming that she had a map, it is difficult to imagine that she would not have shared it with her QAmom.

11 Likes

I believe freshman congressmen get orientation before they get sworn in. I have no idea of the detail involved or how likely she would know the lay of the land.

5 Likes

Completely agree. I really, really want to see nothing but bad things go her way. I just thought it was worth bringing up the possibility that there is an actual innocent explanation for a brand new congresscritter giving a tour on her first day on the job. If I were in her position, Iā€™d probably have given my family the behind the curtains tour while they were in town to see me take my oath of office. That said, I hope itā€™s what it looks like, and she spends a whole lot of time in jail.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available