Congressman Recalls Boebert Giving Tour Days Before January 6

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) said Monday that he recalled seeing Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) leading a large tour in the days before the January 6 insurrection.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355137

What’s the record for shortest term served in the House?

38 Likes

In a shocking turn of events, a crazy person who believes in QAnon also hates democracy.

29 Likes

Lock her up!

20 Likes

One day, as a matter of fact.

Same in the Senate.

14 Likes

This a what you get when you elect a crazy gun nut with a rap sheet. She also used the word “bullcrap” on the House floor. She’s one classy lady!

10 Likes

Boebert has staked out a spot for herself on the far right wing of the Republican party

Soon she’ll be seen as a moderate …

31 Likes

Effingham Lawrence, Louisiana. 1 day.

Happened after the Civil War, and there were so many lawsuits, that by the time they were resolved and he was declared the winner, he had already lost the next election, so he only got to serve 1 day.

23 Likes

If Katie Hill has to resign for nude photos, what does sedition merit?

75 Likes

He added that he had no evidence that any members of the tour participated in the insurrection a few days later.

I would imagine the Capitol is full of cameras. Shouldn’t be that difficult for the FBI to identify who was in that group.

28 Likes

Lock her up!

RegularSoreKoalabear-size_restricted

12 Likes

Bye bye BoomBert.

3 Likes

I didn’t think Republicans were into cloning people.
Boebert is very obviously a clone of Palin.
Also has the same pugnacious attitude, but that seems to be a trait among the GOP.

8 Likes

“Boebert’s office did not immediately respond to TPM’s questions.”

Refreshing, really, not to have to listen to the little fascist whine about how she’s being persecuted. Maybe she finally got a clue and decided to just STFU.

22 Likes

It bothers me to no end that this congress person hails from my state. However, she’s a brand new congress critter and “a few days before the riots” would have likely been her first day in the Capitol. This could be what it looks like, or it could be that she was giving the boebert clan a tour of her new job. I’d love it if she got kicked out of Congress, but I think in this specific situation, its equally likely that she was giving her family a tour.

11 Likes

She may need to resign so she can spend more time with her delusions.

46 Likes

This explains why she got so bent out of shape when she previously thought that she’d been called out for doing the same thing, but hadn’t. And the failure of her office to respond to a question about this speaks volumes.

38 Likes

Suggests that we’re closing in on the paperwork that will be used to identify the visitors for sure. Unless there are actual text messages discussing the insurrection plans, Boebert likely has plausible deniability, but the weapons issues may well be her undoing.

17 Likes

If only they had cameras everywhere and could track all cell phones in the Capitol…

17 Likes

Less than one Scaramucci?

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available